new air arms .177 s410F carbine

no avatar
tapps
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:39 pm

new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:20 pm

i took my new rifle out in the garden today's it's a tad on the blowy side i decided not to bother zeroing the scope, on loading it i noticed the bolt is fairly hard to pull back & not that smooth loading the pellet, this maybe me as i'm used to the side lever on a hw100,is it a simple thing that it will improve with more use as the part's need to bed in.

no avatar
tapps
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:24 pm

prior to ordering the rifle i ordered 2 extra 10 shot magazine's from BAGNALL & KIRKWOOD in GREY at £32.99 each, as opposed to YELLOW,i've tried them both & the loading is silky smooth.as for pulling the loading bolt back,i think it's just a case of getting used to it !!!!

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin
Posts: 3105
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:16 am
Location: swansea

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 pm

tapps wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:24 pm
prior to ordering the rifle i ordered 2 extra 10 shot magazine's from BAGNALL & KIRKWOOD in GREY at £32.99 each, as opposed to YELLOW,i've tried them both & the loading is silky smooth.as for pulling the loading bolt back,i think it's just a case of getting used to it !!!!
Try wrapping your thumb over the back of the bolt.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Roger5
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Hampton middlesex

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 pm

I've got a .22 TDR that requires quite an effort to cock, it's an older model, I've tried pretty much everything to try and make it easier, but no success, I've even left it cocked for days, seemed better for the first few shots, then goes back to being hard to cock again, apart from that, its fine

User avatar
Blackbaronfish
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:32 am

Grip the bolt as near to the main shaft as you can as holding it and pulling on the bent part causes side pressure

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY annual meet since we started

no avatar
tapps
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:20 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:32 am
Grip the bolt as near to the main shaft as you can as holding it and pulling on the bent part causes side pressure

BBF
that's a great improvement, many thank's, as for the original 10 shot magazine which came with the rifle, it seem's like the pellet's are not lined up with the pellet probe/barrel,it take's a little force to push the bolt forward ,it feel's like the pellet isn't seated right, the two extra magazine's i obtained are good there's no effort required in pushing the bolt forward,is there an easy fix on the problematic magazine.

no avatar
Roger5
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Hampton middlesex

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 am

Take the screw out of the mag, and remove the cover, be careful as the spring and ball bearing might pop out, check the bearing, sometimes they are not perfectly round and can cause the mag not to rotate properly.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin
Posts: 3105
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:16 am
Location: swansea

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Roger5 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 am
Take the screw out of the mag, and remove the cover, be careful as the spring and ball bearing might pop out, check the bearing, sometimes they are not perfectly round and can cause the mag not to rotate properly.
Open it in a plastic bag, if the ball bearing and spring decide too fly off you have them contained.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

User avatar
Blackbaronfish
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 pm

The magazine has a spring that could be made shorter. This will help ease the indexing. Also the o’ring holding the pellets can be lubricated slightly to glide the pellets through.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY annual meet since we started

no avatar
tapps
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Re: new air arms .177 s410F carbine

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:12 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 pm
The magazine has a spring that could be made shorter. This will help ease the indexing. Also the o’ring holding the pellets can be lubricated slightly to glide the pellets through.

BBF
thank's for the tip,i removed about 2 coil's, it worked a treat,i lubricate my pellet's with lubro-teknik LT1 pellet lube.
it's great to have some good advice on here it's well APPRECIATED. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests