Ammo

no avatar
krl510xl

Ammo

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello all

I have recently bought a s510xs and loving it, I have just coated the walnut stock with tru oil and looks amazing. I have a question, are these rifles pellet fussy? as I have only used JSB 18gr because I have a couple of tins
left from my previous gun. I tested it on my chrono and getting 31.8 ft lbs and really accurate. Also do you all clean the barrel regular as in the instruction manuals?

Cheers
Keith

Blackbaronfish

Re: Ammo

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:16 am

I only use a dry pull through, when the accuracy drops off.
Air Arms field pellets are ok in mine at that power. JSB are a good pellet and if your getting good results then I would stick with them.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tonyc

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:29 pm

None of my LW barrels have been pellet fussy and all have performed best with JSB-manufactured pellets, but I'm only shooting sub-12 ft lb. One thing I'd say about JSBs, there is a big variation between different dies so be prepared to try a few and don't be surprised if some dies produce pellets that don't work. The die number numbers are the first digit of 7-digit batch codes, first two digits of 8-digit codes.

no avatar
krl510xl

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:17 am

Hi
Cheers for the reply’s, I’d be interested in the pellet weight you guys are using? I’ve always used 18.13gr in my fac, wondering if 15.9 may be better.
Keith

no avatar
poguemahone

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:09 pm

tonyc wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:29 pm
None of my LW barrels have been pellet fussy and all have performed best with JSB-manufactured pellets, but I'm only shooting sub-12 ft lb. One thing I'd say about JSBs, there is a big variation between different dies so be prepared to try a few and don't be surprised if some dies produce pellets that don't work. The die number numbers are the first digit of 7-digit batch codes, first two digits of 8-digit codes.
you're not kidding tony, i got fed up of em and went back to aa last year. maybe they dont have as many dies when they make pellets for aa. i know i got at least half a dozen tins of jsb pellets that my gun doesnt like, and they're visibly different :x
i used exacts for years with no worries, maybe they didnt have as many dies back then ? cant really be arsed keep buying em, hoping they might work, as the gun shop seem to have a different die number every batch they get. dont think they're selling as many exacts now because of this. heard they got 40 odd different dies, not sure if its true though :o