Vinyl Records ...

User avatar
Raj
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Rugby

Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Anyone on here got seriously back into playing vinyl?
I have ... 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

User avatar
Blackbaronfish
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Not vinyls, but I restored a gramophone not too long ago and play the old tunes

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY annual meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin
Posts: 2955
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:16 am
Location: swansea

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm
Not vinyls, but I restored a gramophone not too long ago and play the old tunes

BBF
Is that the brand new one you got for Xmas when you were ten :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

User avatar
Blackbaronfish
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:55 pm

eboswan wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm
Blackbaronfish wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm
Not vinyls, but I restored a gramophone not too long ago and play the old tunes

BBF
Is that the brand new one you got for Xmas when you were ten :mrgreen:
Bitch 😂
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY annual meet since we started

no avatar
GrandadG
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:35 pm
Location: Soon to be Nidderdale in the Yorkshire Dales

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Haven't got time for Vinyl.
I just put the wireless on if i need a bit of music.........then turn it off two minutes later when i get sick of all the crap. :shock:
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin
Posts: 2955
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:16 am
Location: swansea

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:55 pm
eboswan wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm
Blackbaronfish wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm
Not vinyls, but I restored a gramophone not too long ago and play the old tunes

BBF
Is that the brand new one you got for Xmas when you were ten :mrgreen:
Bitch 😂
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin
Posts: 2955
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:16 am
Location: swansea

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm

GrandadG wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:32 pm
Haven't got time for Vinyl.
I just put the wireless on if i need a bit of music.........then turn it off two minutes later when i get sick of all the crap. :shock:
Wireless.....your showing your age mate :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

User avatar
Raj
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Rugby

Re: Vinyl Records ...

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:42 am

Got the 1/2 dozen records we had in a box in the attic down the ladder when I went into Aldi for some bread and tea bags and came back with a portable record player for £20.00 .... as you do :lol:

Then a few weeks later, upgraded the record player for ten times the price of the Aldi one because it was showing the nice Bang & Olufsen speakers up. :twisted:

Then a couple of weeks later, upgraded the amplifier up because it was showing the record player and speakers up .... :roll:

And then, we simply didn't have enough records to play on the rather nice set-up we had ended up with so we raided the charity shops with a magnifying glass under strong lighting so we could pick up a few nice records without jumps, crackles and pops .... 8-) 8-)

10 records became 100 and before I knew it, 100 became 300 .... :oops: :oops: :oops: Now ... where do you put 300 records ??? They weighed about 70Kg and I didnt want them stacked like books on a shelf where you cant see the artwork.

So out came the wood working tools and I made myself a flip forward, ergonomic, display rack for the records !!! :P :P :P What do you think ??? The bottom 2 racks hold 150 records each. The top two are just one deep ... for display only.

Image
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests