AA Pro sport or walther LGU ?

no avatar
dukemnukem

AA Pro sport or walther LGU ?

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:22 am

hey all new here.from south wales.looking to get back into shooting after a couple years out so time to pick a new rifle.im looking for something tuned right out of the box and it seems these are my only options ? i just cant stand spring twang haha.so any thought guys and girls ? is there another option ? thankyou for your time.

Blackbaronfish

Re: AA Pro sport or walther LGU ?

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:58 am

TX 200 with TBT top hat and guide kit would fit the bill nicely.
Welcome to the AAOC

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:28 am

Hello and welcome :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
dukemnukem

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 pm

hmm thats the thing i dont want to spend on after market parts.are these my only options ?

no avatar
wastrel

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:03 pm

I`ll chip in here Duke, as I own an LGU, there are plenty of members who`ll chip in the virtues of a pro sport, I`ve never owned one myself.
ahem, the Walther is an incredible gun out of the box, virtually recoiless, oh it`s there alright, but it`s as if the pellet`s left before a soft shove on the shoulder makes itself felt, the build is almost faultless, ok, I could nit pick about the cocking lever attachment thingy to the piston, but if ever bothers me that much I`ll take it to a machine shop & have one made from brass or some other billet, and, of course, the weight, now, weight is a subjective thing, I find it a heavy gun but, the HW springers are regarded as amongst the best available and no-one complains about their weight, I own an ultra light AA S200 & it gets labled (by some) as a ladies or junior rifle despite being a full sized rifle, talk aboot canny win (sorry I rant in broad scots!) I doubt either rifle would disappoint you, & the great thing about the AAOC is, we don`t care which you choose, just tell us about it, lot`s of pics, which scope you chose & why, pellet choice yadda yadda yadda & join in on here, you are very welcome!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
dukemnukem

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:48 pm

is the extra cash worth it ? im looking for the most smooth and quiet action.as i said i hate twang :evil: is there any common problems with either ? been looking around and there a few mentions about the pro sports cocking arm ...pcp is a option but ive never owned one.many hours there deciding if i went route haha.

no avatar
trumpetier

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I've owned both, in fact I've owned three or four Pro Sports over the years. Personally I prefer the TX, I can't get on with cocking the PS. The LGU was a lovely gun to shoot, very, very smooth and I could achieve the same accuracy with it as I could with my S400 pcp. The only down side for me regarding the LGU and the reason I sold it on, was the stock. It just felt so wrong around the pistol grip for me, I'm used to Weihrauch and Air Arms guns and never had a problem with them in the stock department.

no avatar
zippy

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:42 pm

To be totally honest the TX200HC all day,,,, as HC has the same trigger and barrel as the pro sport but a lot cheaper and it is a little shorter and lighter in weight than the pro sport with a stronger cocking arm.

I own the pro sport and 2 TX200HC... the TX200HC is the best value for the money you get more rifle for less money.

eg, the pro sport is expensive and has a weaker more complex cocking lever mechanism.
the pro sport is for looks only.

The tx200hc is a little shorter and lighter in weight and has exactly the same trigger and barrel.
The tx200hc has a stronger all steel cocking action.
Accuracy is the same as the pro sport but way cheaper.
you can fit a silencer/suppressor if you so desire to the TX200HC.

The Walther LGU is far too heavy this rifle weighs a ton.
Parts are less quality than the Air Arms products.
The stock on the LGU is crap...
The trigger on the LGU is crap.
The cocking arm has way too much movement and can lean over and miss the detent on closing.
The LGU is longer in length.
The LGU is a heavy lump.

see the cocking arm issues on the LGU... link here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRoD4bPnAh8

If you want a great spring rifle that ticks all the boxes for home servicing and very high quality, accuracy, price and handling the TX200HC is the rifle.
Last edited by zippy on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:50 pm

zippy wrote:To be totally honest the TX200HC all day,,,, as HC has the same trigger and barrel as the pro sport but a lot cheaper and it is a little shorter and lighter in weight than the pro sport with a stronger cocking arm.

I own the pro sport and 2 TX200HC... the TX200HC is the best value for the money you get more rifle for less money.

eg, the pro sport is expensive and has a weaker more complex cocking lever mechanism.
the pro sport is for looks only.

The tx200hc is a little shorter and lighter in weight and has exactly the same trigger and barrel.
The tx200hc has a stronger all steel cocking action.
Accuracy is the same as the pro sport but way cheaper.
you can fit a silencer/suppressor if you so desire to the TX200HC.

The Walther LGU is far too heavy this rifle weighs a ton.
Parts are less quality than the Air Arms products.
The stock on the LGU is crap...
The trigger on the LGU is crap.
The LGU is longer in length.

If you want a great spring rifle that ticks all the boxes for home servicing and very high quality, accuracy, price and handling the TX200HC is the rifle.

I await wastrels response....... :evil:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
davyt63

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Personnel preference it is,but both as accurate as one another,if I had the choice it would be the LGU
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.