so just how tough are things over there...

no avatar
zingpow

so just how tough are things over there...

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:11 am

perusing ebay for sport riding gear and found a guy in the "united kingdom" selling a size 11 dainese boot, the right one...it's at $7.68 (5 pounds) and has one bid...

here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dainese-Motorbi ... 1c4ecc1bc8

just in case one of you sport bike riders is either missing one boot your left leg and/or foot...zing the helpful...

ps...I have a left hand glove i'll throw in if you need one...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
zingpow

Re: so just how tough are things over there...

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:19 am

oops, it's a size 12...sorry...zp...

no avatar
FPoole

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 am

Maybe he did a lot of Fred Flintstone style braking with the other boot and wore it out. He now has a good boot that's no good to him. :P

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 am

FPoole wrote:Maybe he did a lot of Fred Flintstone style braking with the other boot and wore it out. He now has a good boot that's no good to him. :P

maybe he has a teenage daughter and is left footed and wore the left one out kicking young bucks off the front porch...now there is something I can relate to...I had two teenage daughters, by the time they were away to college I could kick a 165lb twirp from one end of a soccer field and make a goal at the other (two balls instead of one if only slightly bruised)....zing the dad...

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:46 am

I knew of a chap that started a business selling odd cups and plates....he did very well out of it :o . As for the boot its worth a chance selling an odd one

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:I knew of a chap that started a business selling odd cups and plates....he did very well out of it :o . As for the boot its worth a chance selling an odd one

BBF

check out the shipping charges...15.44 pounds to ship it here...maybe he's doing what all the television people are doing and making his money on "shipping and handling" charges...shoot there are places around the world where you can get folks to handle just about anything for 15 pounds...yikes and away...zp...

no avatar
Aitch

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:43 am

Perhaps he is hoping for his first potential customer to say "I am interested in the boot, any idea where I might find one for the other foot". To which he will reply, "It's funny you should ask that as I have one right here and it is only $350 :D :D :D

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:45 am

So he might have a right one left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 am

Aitch wrote:Perhaps he is hoping for his first potential customer to say "I am interested in the boot, any idea where I might find one for the other foot". To which he will reply, "It's funny you should ask that as I have one right here and it is only $350 :D :D :D

the thought had occurred to me but if a chap is in a situation to buy just the right and spend 5 pounds on it my guess is he'll wait until the left shows up for similar money regardless if it matches or not...maybe he's going to tap a new market and it will become a new fashion statement to be seen with just one right riding boot...someone will come along and start a new fad where it's the left and the bottom will fall out of the right only jet set crowd...zing cool...

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:10 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:So he might have a right one left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF

no, he'd have a left one right?...zp...