a/a510 leak

no avatar
billywhizz

a/a510 leak

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:20 pm

hi guys , my 510 has a air leak :( , ive checked the barrel and air fill vale with ballons ,no leaks,if I leave it cocked it doesn't leak air ,maybe a problem with the firing valve ? what do you think and what should I do too rectify if it is at fault please?. many thanks for looking .

no avatar
Outandabout

Re: a/a510 leak

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi billy
Have you done any work/servicing etc on the gun lately or has the fault just appeared?
Maybe if the fault has just appeared and its a while since you had any work done on the gun, the seals have dried and failed around the air inlet port and need changing?. I am no expert and i'm sure somebody will be along soon to give a better diagnosis.
Kevin

no avatar
32:1

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 am

Sounds like the firing valve if by cocking it the leak stops as you are actually adding a touch more pressure to valve seal by taking hammer spring pressure away

If its pre AT its a fairly simple job, if its AT its a bummer as you have to drill those to remove, not drastic but be carefull thats all. If you message Julian he will no doubt set you up with all parts needed in a stripdown, parts are cheap and if you have half an idea how to use an allen key and have a hour to do it you enjoy it

Chris
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

bgaltd

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:40 am

give me a ring later 3-8pm as i may have a couple of solutions for you (one being me being 20 mile from you at Christmas and more than willing to strip and rebuild your rifle for you if it isnt sorted by then :-) ).

my number is on the website below.

no avatar
billywhizz

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:19 pm

guys many thanks for your replys,Julian thank you for your offer will ring you later ---paul.

no avatar
billywhizz

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:27 pm

final update on the 510 air leak, I stripped it out ready so it could be checked and worked on . Julian then kindly checked it all for me and found that the firing valve had (necked) so leaving a very thin collar for the valve to work on.julian fitted a new one and set it up ,perfect problem solved.just one thing bothers me though,the 510 was only about 9 months old and not had heavy useage, poor valve /design??, I know that there has been much chat on forums about the a/a firing valve being a different material on the older models . thanks to Julian problem solved for another few months? ha ha. happy Christmas and a great new year too all on the forum.

bgaltd

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:44 pm

billywhizz wrote:final update on the 510 air leak, I stripped it out ready so it could be checked and worked on . Julian then kindly checked it all for me and found that the firing valve had (necked) so leaving a very thin collar for the valve to work on.julian fitted a new one and set it up ,perfect problem solved.just one thing bothers me though,the 510 was only about 9 months old and not had heavy useage, poor valve /design??, I know that there has been much chat on forums about the a/a firing valve being a different material on the older models . thanks to Julian problem solved for another few months? ha ha. happy Christmas and a great new year too all on the forum.

give AA a ring in the new year and let them know , if there is a problem with soft valves they need to know (they may know of a problem with a batch of them and offer to help :-) ).

no avatar
billywhizz

Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Julian , thanks for that will do that in the new year.

no avatar
billywhizz

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:11 pm

I finaly got round too posting of a email to air arms today over this firing valve issiue, im hoping/ assuming they will mail me back or call me,will keep you in the loop when this happens, it may be of use to others who have the same problem.

bgaltd

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:14 pm

billywhizz wrote:I finaly got round too posting of a email to air arms today over this firing valve issiue, im hoping/ assuming they will mail me back or call me,will keep you in the loop when this happens, it may be of use to others who have the same problem.

they're in the middle of a stock at the moment so if you don't hear back chase it up with a phone call :-) :-)