How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

no avatar
Scrench

How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Scrench

no avatar
wastrel

Re: How Do You Adjust The Bubble Level On A EV2 MK4?

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:36 pm

why would you want to? adjust it to do what?
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Scrench

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:49 pm

I placed a bubble level on the action to check that the one that came on the air tube was in fact level, and it's not, so I need to adjust it, now that I'm a believer in using it and I shoot competition FT. I got suspicious because my gun started shooting weird looping trajectories. At 10 yards it would hit to the right, past 40 yards hit to the left. In between it was dead on. I found a chart that explained that I had to be shooting the gun canted to the left and my scope vertical crosshair was misaligned clockwise from center. They were right. The scope was misaligned, and I found out through measuring with a bubble level that the scope riser I was using was not manufactured straight or flat so it was canting the scope. Once I pulled the scope and riser off and put the bubble level on the action, sure enough, the bubble level on the air tank that I had been using was wrong. I had been shooting it canted the whole time and didn't even know it because I believed that level was accurate. If you have one, better check it.

Scrench

no avatar
Scrench

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:53 pm

So far I've heard two theories.

Mason suggested that it is impossible to adjust, that the level was just a gimmick because the band the lavel is mounted on is also the housing for the air pressure gauge and its components, and that cannot be moved.

Another person suggested letting all of the air out of the tank then tapping on the ring to adjust it.

So far I agree with Mason. Any other ideas?

Scrench

no avatar
Mason

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:57 pm

PM Julian (bgltd) on here, he may be able to shed some light. see here:-

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=151

I've never bothered with mine as I line the cross hairs though the vertical cross section of the rifle.
Last edited by Mason on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
wastrel

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:01 pm

just going on google images here, if it was my gun, I`d level it using the various things at my disposal (lasers, spirit levels etc) & simply note the bubble position once it`s level, mark that position somehow, hold the rifle to that position & hey presto. adjusting the bubble if it doesn`t come WITH adjustment is gonna be an absoloute ball breaker IMO, & could break it entirely if not carefull.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Scrench

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:09 pm

wastrel,

I tend to agree with you. Wrapping a couple of pieces of tape or rubber bands or something (but I need to think of things that won't leave goo or melt in our 105 degree summers) is a heck of a lot easier then every other alternative. Mas on suggested dots with a permanent marker or the like.

no avatar
Scrench

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Sent PM to Julian, be interesting to see what he says.

no avatar
Mason

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Just out of interest and at great expense I have just checked mine and it to is out :shock: the bubble is just touching the right hand line and not central between them. This is with the gun level in both planes, ie along its length and crossways. So the vial is sloping downwards away from the gun and equates to approximately 2 or 3 ish degrees of cant.
As I said before if your scope cross hairs are aligned through the centre line of the rifle therefore the barrel you should be able to see if you are canting the rifle.

bgaltd

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:08 pm

the last time I adjusted one :-) . the gun was empty of air and I just twisted it until it was true :-)