New TX 200 HC

no avatar
Mick G

New TX 200 HC

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:37 am

The new TX has just arrived! It is perfect. The power is 11.5 ft. lbs.. It is beautiful. The trigger is perfect! Going to fit a scope and sight that in soon. I thought my mint HW 95 carbine was good but it takes second place now! Pleased? Not half!

no avatar
Mick G

Re: New TX 200 HC

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:49 am

Like to add that the TX likes AA Fields AND strangely, Hobbys. This gun is one of those whose power and accuracy make you chortle with glee when it seemingly effortlessly hits a target which you half expect to miss! Well , it does me anyhow! The weight with scope is a bit much and I'm looking for a cheap, light 4x32 like JSR used to sell (mini). It's a smashing rifle and is as solid as a rock, no rattles as reported in one review that I read .

no avatar
wastrel

Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:45 pm

It doesn't have a cult following for nowt y'know!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
KeithS

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Hobby's, would that be in .177 or .22 ..

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Mick G wrote:Like to add that the TX likes AA Fields AND strangely, Hobbys. This gun is one of those whose power and accuracy make you chortle with glee when it seemingly effortlessly hits a target which you half expect to miss! Well , it does me anyhow! The weight with scope is a bit much and I'm looking for a cheap, light 4x32 like JSR used to sell (mini). It's a smashing rifle and is as solid as a rock, no rattles as reported in one review that I read .

flee bay, BSA scopes, good price optics surprisingly good.

Dan

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Nice one Mick glad your happy it's a fantastic rifle for sure . Stick some pictures up so we can marvel at your new pride and joy .
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
Mick G

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 pm

My TX is .22 and those Hobbys are good in it. Unfortunately I've never been able to send 'photos to forums but I can send to emails. Old dogs, new tricks! I'll look into B.S.A. Scopes as it would help to have I lighter scope. I have two rifles with Gun Tuff Holographic red dot sights and find them surprisingly good but this TX is potentially so accurate it would be a shame not use a scope. I spent Saturday , Sunday and Monday in Hereford hospital with heart troubles so I'm hoping to at least get some target practice tomorrow . I'm also going to try two pubs so it could be a nice day! Goodnight all.

no avatar
Mick G

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 am

Here I am again! I have a Tinbum tuningkit for the TX but the gun is so nice I can't see the point of messing with it ? I don't understand how you can swap the heavy metal top hat for a Delrin one ? Anyway, to change the subject a bit, I want to say how great the nurses and doctors were in Hereford A&E and clinical Assessment departments . So good. One nurse was called Amanda. Who remembers Waylon Jennings singing a song of that name? I shot a Hobby pellet and an AA field at very close range at a Gun Mart and Sporting Shooter this morning. ( Sad , isn't it?) The AA Field nearly came through and the Hobby stopped about half way. Wouldn't like to be the rat that stopped a Hobby! Incidentally, these days, I only shoot up to 22 yards. I've found , in the past that Hobbys are very accurate up to that range but go off after that. Aren't those Crows sharp old things? Blimey, their eyesight is something else. Next spring, I might make a hide or better still , get a small shed with a nice chair! That would be good, little gas stove and tea making kit!
I'mgoing to the Builth Wells gun shop later on to get a sachet of VP 90 for the gun cabinet then a pint at the Trout at Beaulah. Good pub if you are ever down this way. Sorry to go on, hope it's OK to write like this? Mick.

no avatar
GrandadG

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm

You're not "going on" Nick, keep posting mate we all enjoy reading new stuff :D
I used to own a TX HC and fitted a Tinbub kit, it made a harsh twangy TX into a very well behaved rifle but, if yours aint broke.....don't fix it ;)
Sadly i had to sell the TX when i bought an S410 and a S200. They are both brilliant, but i do miss the TX :(
As for the Trout at Beaulah, looks a nice place, but i only get as far as Cardiff to visit family.
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
Mick G

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:10 pm

Hullo GrandadG , You are right about not fixing the TX, it really is good. I was just thinking how old fashioned my new HW 95 is compared to it. The 95 is good (and light!) but the TX is so solid and keeps amazing me with its accuracy. I don't seem to have to try so hard with it. I haven't had the chance to shoot any vermin yet but have put an end to lots of twigs and bits of coal and I have card targets at twenty two yards which wish they had never been printed!! In the past, I've had an AA 400 and a TDR and different PCPs , the last was a Weihrauch 101 But the pump was to much for me this time and anyway , I can't get on with PCPs. The accuracy of course is undeniable . I got a Brattonsound gun cabinet the other day. I keep my HW 95, XS 38, and two XS 19s in that and my TX 200 HC beside my armchair because I'm always picking it up and going outside to shoot it. I have an Air Arms silencer which was free with the gun, it does work but makes the rifle a bit long . I can't remember if I said but my darling wife died in May and I've had a job getting over her death. My air guns help to keep my mind off the sadness. ( And this forum does too) Mick.