TX200 trigger polish

moulindu

TX200 trigger polish

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi
I am planning to polish the trigger sears in a day or 2, but I am not getting autosol metal polish in my area, instead i a have polish used for cleaning brass or bronze, is it okay to use that brass polish or that might harm the sears instead. Since this will be my first venture with TX trigger, I am bit skeptical about the result. But i have gone through the posts in this forum & have seen videos of rekord trigger dismantling/polishing.
Pointers from the experienced members will be appreciated.
Moulindu

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: TX200 trigger polish

Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Brass polish will be fine, then finish it off with toothpaste.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

rogers1

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Most of the task was achieved by use of increasingly finer grades of wet and dry Moulindu.
I finalised the task using 1500 grit W&D which I then rubbed against itself to 'bust' it, then used autosol on this. The same effect will be achieved using brass polish or toothpaste as already suggested.

Most important factors are (IMO)

1) remove as little metal as possible!
2) Keep the flats flat! (use a piece of glass or flat steel as work surface to put your abrasives on.

I lubed sparingly with Dri-Slide

I can honestly say that the trigger tune was the single most significant improvement I have made to my TX

(I did the trigger in 2008 and have never had to revisit it since)

Keep us posted mate!

Duncan
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
Brooksy

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Where in India are you living?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

moulindu

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks rogers1, I will be following your instructions.
Thanks Brooksy
rogers1 wrote:I finalised the task using 1500 grit W&D which I then rubbed against itself to 'bust' it, then used autosol on this. The same effect will be achieved using brass polish or toothpaste as already suggested.

I have 2500 grit wet &dry which i am planning to use it with ballistol or can i use WAD40 as well? & for final polish i will be using my trusty brass polish as suggested.
Brooksy wrote:Where in India are you living?

In Northeastern state of Tripura, I can get autosol from online shops but i dont want to wait that long.
Thanks Moulindu

moulindu

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:59 am

Hi guys
I have stripped, polished & lubed my TX trigger & also added a TBT kit. After reassembly i fired few test shots & found that coking latches engages the trigger with more effort. At first i thought that trigger wouldn't engage at all. Is it because TBT kit has slightly longer top hat & rear guide base, though i have used only 1 power washer in rear guide & 1 slip washer in front of top hat. The major problem is that though the trigger is working nicely but the safety is not engaging everytime when gun is cocked. In a string of 10 shots it only engaged 2 times. So I am looking for solution from fellow members to help me with those 2 issues.
Thanks Moulindu

moulindu

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:39 am

Hi
I found solution for the safety not engaging :P , it was because of the longer length of the top hat. The stock top hat total length is of 18.59mm & the sleeve in spring is 7mm & for TBT kit top hat total length is of 25.99mm & the sleeve in spring is 15.07mm. So i cu off 8mm of sleeve that is inserted in spring & then the safety started engaging with every time the gun was cocked.
I also found that the TBT kit has larger dia o f rear guide stem with 14.77mm whereas stock kit rear guide stem has 13.32mm. In TBT kit top hat overall dia is 20.51mm & sleeve dia is 14.68mm & for stock top hat overall dia is 20mm & sleeve dia is 14.24mm, so i file down the extra material to fit the spring so that its tighter than the stock kit, so much so that it takes a little bit more effort to insert both the TBT rear guide & tophat in spring. Do i keep it that way or file it down little bit as stock kit spec.
After taking around 14 shots in combro chrono the avg 826.86fps giving 12.7fpe using jsb exact 8.4grn.
here is the shot string 849,801,784,854,839,749,823,810,829,841,828,873,867,829.
Though its a FAC version i didnt use any power band in the rear guide end, the gun has got little buzz now,i tried shooting with a pellet on top of scope turret & it fails that test. Is it going to calm down after few shots or i am missing something here.
Thanks Moulindu

Sake-san

Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi Moulindu
Happy to hear that you solved the problem, it is not uncommon with such tuning parts. There is now a springer section in the forum (see board index) where you may get a quicker response going forward.
To make your TX a littler sweeter I would start by bringing the power down to somewhere between 10.8 & 11.2 ft/lbs, in practicle terms you are gaining nothing (for either hunting nor target) with the power level that you have. Do keep the guides tight in the spring, better than a slack fit.
The MkIII TX is known for being rather hold sensitive with the standard piston and stroke, running it at a higher power level will only serve to exacerbate that trait.
They can be made excellent with a lighter piston and shorter stroke, with hardly any sight picture movement (you can see the pellet flight and target strike point) but, to do it properly means investing in a complete kit (e.g. new lightweight short stroke ally piston, oring seal, calibrated Spring and guides).
As a final comment I assume that you are weighing the pellets used for the shot string analysis?, if not the usual variation in weight will naturally impact the consistency figures.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

moulindu

Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks Sake-San
Sake-san wrote: There is now a springer section in the forum (see board index) where you may get a quicker response going forward.

Didnt knew there is a springer section as well :oops:
Sake-san wrote:To make your TX a littler sweeter I would start by bringing the power down to somewhere between 10.8 & 11.2 ft/lbs, in practicle terms you are gaining nothing (for either hunting nor target) with the power level that you have. Do keep the guides tight in the spring, better than a slack fit.

I guess the only way possible is to change the spring or get back to stock kit, as i havent used any power washers to raise velocity. Yes the guide are darn tight & takes some effort to take it out from spring.
Sake-san wrote:They can be made excellent with a lighter piston and shorter stroke, with hardly any sight picture movement (you can see the pellet flight and target strike point) but, to do it properly means investing in a complete kit (e.g. new lightweight short stroke ally piston, oring seal, calibrated Spring and guides).

Yes heard a lot about tinbum short stroke kit, may give it a try, but first i will feed my TX with a tin of pellet & see how she performs.
Thanks Moulindu