please help... question

no avatar
nitro

please help... question

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 pm

ok so today i took the Air Arms TX200HC .177 back up to the woodland permission, whilst sitting on a fallen tree in a clearing having a ciggy, i heard a hell of a racket in the bushes about 45 yards away ... sounded like a grunting type of noise ..... i kept looking in the direction of the noise and aftre a few minuits, this large grey squirrel lept out of the undergrowth into the clearing and seemed to be going mental... the best way i can describe it was like a puppy growling whilst playing with a tug of war toy.
i put the scopes up to full zoom and as it turned to face me i noticed it had a strange looking deformed face and seemed to be dribbling water or something from its mouth ....also its eyes seemed red insted of the usual brown (zombie squirrel lol )
.i dropped the zoom back to 10x and set the AO so it was nice and clear, by now it had its back to be but still going nuts ... i squeeked it as i would a rabbit and it span round and came running full pelt straight at me still grunting and growling,
to be honest it gave me quite a scare and i missed the shot as it landed about a foot in front of the screaming nutkins. luckily it stopped and ran up a tree ... stopped about 15 foot up and seemed to start growling louder and attacking the branch it was on ...AND I DO MEAN ATTACKING !!.
I calmed myself and positioned myself to get a clear shot..... WHACK... the pellet hit just behind its left eye and it dropped like a stone... i cautiously bimbled up to it and noticed it had loads of scabs all around its mouth and nose so obviously i dident take it home for tea .......
thinking about it all day and only thing i can think of ... due to it having red eyes... is that it had been shot before as this causes the eyes to go red due to impact shock... and it could of given it brain damage??? then again it could see where it was going ok .... so im stumped ...

was wondering if anyone else had ever had this happen to them or know what was wrong with it as its got me TOTALLY baffled ??? had no camera on me to take a pic sorry but i just cant think why it was acting as it was ??
thanks for any suggestions.
ONE SHOT .... ONE KILL

no avatar
davyt63

Re: please help... question

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:09 pm

think you answered your own question,definitely a zombie sqizzer :D
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
nitro

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 pm

ha ha... it was weird ... ive never seen anything like it in all the years ive been shooting ??
ONE SHOT .... ONE KILL

no avatar
davyt63

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 pm

nitro wrote:ha ha... it was weird ... ive never seen anything like it in all the years ive been shooting ??

i bet Nitro,must of been strange?
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
air gun

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:30 pm

sounds like he was high on PCP. ;)
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm

could be squirrel pox.
its the disease that kills red squirrels, greys pass it on
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
granville

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:44 pm

or it could of just been going nuts.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:45 pm

granville wrote:or it could of just been going nuts.

:shock: :shock: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Is this that "woodland permission" near Chernobyl you were telling me about.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raj

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:55 am

nitro wrote: .... but still going nuts ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: A squirrel going nuts ........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"