Trigger reset to Factory spec

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Trigger reset to Factory spec

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 am

Hi Tony, I set them all the same, in my own rifles I remove them completely along with the trigger safety.
I like a floppy trigger, it lets me know if it's cocked or not, just my preference
If people like them, I put them back in, but not for me. Rog

no avatar
tonyc

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Roger5 wrote:
I like a floppy trigger, it lets me know if it's cocked or not, just my preference...
Well that's something we agree on!
I've replaced all my AA trigger blades. 3 have Rowan adjustable and one with a wider custom blade. No spring or safety on any. :mrgreen:

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Hard to believe, there's been over 830 views on this thread, and up to now only Tony has said that I am doing it wrong, I'm going to take that as 830 + people reckon I'm doing it Right :lol:
I'm putting my tin hat on now 👷Rog

no avatar
tonyc

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:42 pm

Roger5 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 pm
Hard to believe, there's been over 830 views on this thread, and up to now only Tony has said that I am doing it wrong, I'm going to take that as 830 + people reckon I'm doing it Right :lol:
I'm putting my tin hat on now 👷Rog
Who said anything about right or wrong? Just a crap explanation! :lol:

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 pm

tonyc wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm
Roger5 wrote:
I like a floppy trigger, it lets me know if it's cocked or not, just my preference...
Well that's something we agree on!
I've replaced all my AA trigger blades. 3 have Rowan adjustable and one with a wider custom blade. No spring or safety on any. :mrgreen:
Well, have to say, if you've fitted rowan triggers, I imagine you would have read the fitting instructions, will you be letting them know that there fitting instructions are potentially unsafe, because they pretty much suggest to do them the same way that I do it . :roll:
Rog

potentially unsafe and crap

no avatar
tonyc

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Roger5 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 pm
Well, have to say, if you've fitted rowan triggers, I imagine you would have read the fitting instructions, will you be letting them know that there fitting instructions are potentially unsafe, because they pretty much suggest to do them the same way that I do it . :roll:
Rog
Rog, I wasn't looking for an argument and "crap" was just a joke. As I said, I know you know how to do it. So this is for the OP's benefit.

What Rowan say:
"Unscrew the second stage screw 3-4 turns
and also the first stage screw so that the rifle will
not fire.
Screw in the first stage screw 1/8 a turn at a time
and try to fire the rifle. Adjust until the travel feels
correct and the rifle fires. The gun now is operating
on the first stage only. Unscrew slightly so the gun
does not fire.
Now screw the second stage screw 1/8 of a turn
in each time until you can feel the second stage and
the gun fires, then screw in another 1/8 to 1/4 of a
turn.
If you adjust the first stage screw for more of less
travel, you will need to readjust the second stage
correctly."

What I said:
"Wind the front screw out so the gun won't fire at all. Then wind the front screw in while the trigger is held in the rearward position so it just fires, then back out a bit, just enough so it won't fire on the first stage. Then bring the second stage into play. "
"Personally I don't like TMP's setup; I prefer a shorter 1st stage travel..."

So nothing I said contradicts what Rowan Engineering advise.

Rog, the bit you missed was the bit in bold ... you actually have to pull the trigger. It may seem obvious to you but if the OP is a novice and follows what you said literally, leaving the trigger in the forward position and screwing the first stage in until the gun fires, then it has no sear engagement and is unsafe.

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi Tony, well today I've put a best-fittings foster fill valve in a TDR, just to get rid of the brass filler, while I was about it I cocked it and smacked the butt far harder than I normally would, i couldn't get it to fire, so as far as I can see, it's safe, which is what it's all about, I couldn't find any bold print on the rowan S400 trigger setting PDF
But I am still happy about the way I set them up, short first stage is how I like them, and as I said, Ive never had a complaint , but thanks for bringing this to my attention, stops me from thinking that I know it all :lol:
Cheers Rog

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:14 pm

D_H_P wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:44 pm
In the past there was a Utube video on resetting air arms triggers to factory spec, I think it was "TenMetrePeter" on this forum. Is it still available? My link to it on Utube doesent work, and I can find reference to it here, but not a link. Might be me being a muppet, but any help would be appreciated.

Dave
I fell out with Vimeo when they asked for money
https://youtu.be/oAQkNT3Z3-w

gdavison

Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:40 pm

welcome back Pete I will update my links :D
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Only passing! no longer shooting and with my darned arthritic fingers no longer engineering!
(unless you count the Tempest I can’t cock any more)