winter storm in early november?

no avatar
zingpow

winter storm in early november?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:03 pm

five inches of heavy wet snow (think snowman) and rapidly falling temperature...tonight's low is 7f with windchill under zero...i got stuck on the highway for 2 hours yesterday because folks here in michigan forget one year to the next that you can't drive as fast on snow and ice as you can on dry pavement...got off the highway at first exit i could and rode home on my motorcycle route with not another car in sight...it was easy to enjoy the scenery as i was only doing 30mph...

real down side is i put off changing the oil in the triumph and getting into the shed and now it's stuck in my garage until the snow melts and the temp isn't supposed to get above freezing for at least 2 weeks...nice...got a propane heater in the garage so i can change the oil but the bike may well be there for a month or more and i won't bring the cars into the garage if they have snow on them as it will melt and find it's way onto the exposed metal bits on the bike and turn michigan brown (rust)...

oh well, i'm still on this side of the grass...my best to you all from here in michigan, the winter. water wonderland (old licence plate blurb)...zing of the frozen frontier...

ps...made some jerky with bits off the deer and oh my...the smoker was going for 2 days and i'm not done yet...all the kids and grandchildren will be here for thanksgiving and they will be taking home some summer sausage (3-4.5lb sticks) along with some jerky and hunter's sticks...yummah...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: winter storm in early november?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:07 pm

zingpow wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:03 pm
five inches of heavy wet snow (think snowman) and rapidly falling temperature...tonight's low is 7f with windchill under zero...i got stuck on the highway for 2 hours yesterday because folks here in michigan forget one year to the next that you can't drive as fast on snow and ice as you can on dry pavement...got off the highway at first exit i could and rode home on my motorcycle route with not another car in sight...it was easy to enjoy the scenery as i was only doing 30mph...

real down side is i put off changing the oil in the triumph and getting into the shed and now it's stuck in my garage until the snow melts and the temp isn't supposed to get above freezing for at least 2 weeks...nice...got a propane heater in the garage so i can change the oil but the bike may well be there for a month or more and i won't bring the cars into the garage if they have snow on them as it will melt and find it's way onto the exposed metal bits on the bike and turn michigan brown (rust)...

oh well, i'm still on this side of the grass...my best to you all from here in michigan, the winter. water wonderland (old licence plate blurb)...zing of the frozen frontier...

ps...made some jerky with bits off the deer and oh my...the smoker was going for 2 days and i'm not done yet...all the kids and grandchildren will be here for thanksgiving and they will be taking home some summer sausage (3-4.5lb sticks) along with some jerky and hunter's sticks...yummah...
Are you sure that I cant come and live with you :(
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
GrandadG

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm

You'll need bigger wellies..........and a scarf Bri! ;)
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm

GrandadG wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm
You'll need bigger wellies..........and a scarf Bri! ;)
If that's all that's required ……..deal
S200. .177

no avatar
zingpow

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:31 pm

you are welcome here anytime brian...give a few days notice and i'll whack another buck for the freezer...it's half full of squirrels, rabbits and doves i shot for the red tail hawks for this winter, already dipped into it but it gets replenished throughout the winter...dozen or more ziplocks full of chicken, pork and venison bits as well...but believe me when i say it's cold out...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Tim , its nice too have a dream mate
S200. .177

Raj

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Oh yes ... We know all about ewe and ewer dreams, Brian. :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Raj wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:48 pm
Oh yes ... We know all about ewe and ewer dreams, Brian. :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Brian you struggle to get out of bed let alone the uk 😂😂😂

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started