mad dog

no avatar
poguemahone

mad dog

Mon May 20, 2019 3:37 pm

just been discharged from royal stoke university hospital, after spending 4 days having intravenous antibiotics after being bitten by a dog :( :( :(
any dog bite, or any animal bite, no matter how small, go to nearest medical centre, preferably within the hour, and refuse to leave until wound is cleaned, tetanus, and a course of antibiotics as a precaution. thats not my advice, its the advice i was given by the fantastic people at the RSUV hospital 8-)
i had the wound cleaned at my local medical centre, tetanus, but was told to come back for antibiotics IF it got infected.
theres no feckin IF about it, it can be too late when you see signs of the infection in many cases, an mine was one of em.
its a bit nerve wracking when a nurse draws a line with a marker pen around the infection, and checks it an hour later :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
you then suddenly realise you're quite popular, and lots of staff come to see you :lol: :lol:

Blackbaronfish

Re: mad dog

Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Omg, glad all is well. It’s not a nice experience then. I will give a stray dog, rats, or hamsters a very wide birth 😂

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
GrandadG

Mon May 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm
Omg, glad all is well. It’s not a nice experience then. I will give a stray dog, rats, or hamsters a very wide birth 😂

BBF
Also don't forget Bonobo alpha's mate :mrgreen:
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Oh hell Steve,glad your ok :) but did the dog need antibiotics also :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
FPoole

Mon May 20, 2019 11:40 pm

A human bite can be even worse, as far as infection and such. I'm not a doctor, but I saw an actor playing a doctor on the TV show with the human bite segment. :lol: