owning a british motorcycle...

no avatar
zingpow

owning a british motorcycle...

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 am

i ride a honda cbr1000rr and i love it...but...it's a one hour ride there and a one hour ride back at speed and it will drain the energy right out of you...i tried several v-twin yamahas and me no likey...great engine & transmission but it stops there...lots of plastic and the rear suspension needs replacing the day you buy it...what's a guy from the colonies to do...i bought an '08 triumph rocket 3 and have been tweeking it all winter and can't wait to get out there...i'm a solid month to six weeks from any kind riding at all but am starting to wear my gear around the house to get the "closet sag" out of it...the bike is big, almost twice the weight of the cbr but it is a dream on the road...it has a 6.3 gallon gas tank and that is a blessing...the bike just looks british, maybe because it is...this may be the bike i head off into the sunset with...even the wife is somewhat enthusiastic about riding with me, but i've hear that before so we'll see how it goes...i have a 44 year old son in florida that won't own a bike that likes it...

so why am i telling you all this...well i kinda miss this place and why not...and for the record, the assholes at the harley bars don't say a word...the triumph is a better bike that can be had with the hd moniker on it and will leave them in the dust and they all know it...

hope this finds you all happy and healthy...i still shoot the tx200 just about every day and the rws-54 a couple time a week...birds mostly...my best to you all...zing of the wild frontier...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
neil

Re: owning a british motorcycle...

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:31 am

remember to leave a tray underneath it with a few drops of dirty waste oil just to remind you of its british heritage

no avatar
GrandadG

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:38 pm

52 years ago, i owned a Triumph Tiger Cub......200cc throbbing between my legs :o
This followed a two stroke BSA Bantam 125cc that i learned to ride on.
After the Tiger Cub expired, (don't remember how) i progressed to a BSA C15.....250cc WOW :roll: which i manged to pass my test on. :D

Happy days :D
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

Blackbaronfish

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:32 pm

My Dad worked at Triumph as a turner. We had all sorts of bike bits to play with as a kid and I’m sure they would be worth a few quid now.
I know nothing about bikes but I do like to see a chrome Triumph badge against s deep shiny black fuel tank 8-) .
It’s alway nice to hear from you Tim and pleased your in as good a fettle as possible.

Let’s hope we have a mild summer and lots of time on the tarmac hey.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:32 pm

i will ride everyday possible for the rest of my life...no more asking old what's her name if she wants to go only to hear the oft repeated "maybe tomorrow"...f her, the days of my life are dwindling and i heading out this summer...it is cool to have the triumph rocket 3, as in not a "jap" bike or "rice burner"...and it will flat lay harleys to waste, but then so will the rice burners...the rocket has a ton of eyeball too, that is car talk for it looks good...real good...

remember, i didn't throw a leg over a bike until i was nearly 50, i'll be 70 this year and still rock the cbr1000rr...the cops that have pulled me over just look at me and shake their heads, "what are you doing on that?"...been popped for going in excess of 120mph and never received a ticket for more than 5mph over, and on the highway that means no points...zing passing on the double yellow...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm

I had a Lambretta.

...I’ll get my coat.

no avatar
GrandadG

Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:25 pm

How many mirrors? :mrgreen:

HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:38 pm

... two :cry:

But it had a stripey mudflap. 8-)

... I’ll get my coat.

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 pm

My first bike was an Ariel Red Hunter 350cc they also done a 500cc version I was only 13 at the time, then I got into Triumphs I had 3 1954 sprung hub 1956 and a 1959 all Thunderbirds a tiger cub a BSA Bantam then went Jap for a while Kawasaki KH250 triple then Kawasaki Z650 , Yamaha's XT350, 1000 exup then XJR1300 , RD400 then went Italian Moto Guzzi LeMan, Spada, T3 and although I loved my Triumphs its the Moto Guzzi T3 that really stands out, serious long range bike went to France, Italy and done the whole Of Spain on that one, possibly the only one I really miss, but the Exup was fun 170 on the clock, but tiny tank not much to the gallon, and pretty uncomfortable, been off quite a few times, and wrote a car off with the Z650 but fingers crossed, still here. Rog

Blackbaronfish

Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:38 pm
... two :cry:

But it had a stripey mudflap. 8-)

... I’ll get my coat.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started