RN10 MK1

no avatar
phooey111

RN10 MK1

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Hey all

I have an RN10 Mk1 that probably hasn't seen the light of day this centuary.

The rifle has a quick fill adapter in place of the pressure gauge fitted by Ken Turner (Bisley FTC) but, unfortunately, still has the original brass regulator. Rifle will no longer take a fill and leaks from around the regulator when trying to fill.

Would appreciate your thoughts and advice on how to get the rifle useable again. Should I try to get the original reg' serviced/repaired? A bit of research seems to indicate that there aren't that many around anymore so I'm wondering if there is any historical value ... Or, should I be looking to have it replaced with a more modern version?

Have no idea about how to go about either. Any advice on where to go and what it might cost would be very much appreciated.

no avatar
Rotherham Owl

Re: RN10 MK1

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:00 pm

If you were to have to have a new reg fitted and a full service you would likely have an excellent rifle.

I reckon you will be looking st around £200 for a reg and service. Of course, there may be other parts that need replacing as well, adding further cost.

On the other hand, you could sell it as it is and let someone else either do the above or keep it as a non-working example.

The funds from a sale as it is plus the cost it would take to get it working again may well get you something nice if you can't be arsed to mess around.

As I collector I would be interested in it so feel free to send me some photos if you do decide to sell.

If you decide to get a new reg in it let me know as I would be interested in the current reg.

no avatar
phooey111

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi there Steve?

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Since posting I have made a few enquiries regarding getting the rifle fixed and have some more information.

I may be interested in selling for the right price.

I have a whole raft of info' and can send numerous photos but don't appear to be able to use the PM facility on this site.

The rifle is in very good condition and has the original manual. Serial number 0190.

Are you able to leave an e-mail that I could contact you on? You should be aware that I live in Watford, Hertfordshire and would only sell FTF.

Regards

Roy

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 pm

phooey111 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:07 pm
Hi there Steve?

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Since posting I have made a few enquiries regarding getting the rifle fixed and have some more information.

I may be interested in selling for the right price.

I have a whole raft of info' and can send numerous photos but don't appear to be able to use the PM facility on this site.

The rifle is in very good condition and has the original manual. Serial number 0190.

Are you able to leave an e-mail that I could contact you on? You should be aware that I live in Watford, Hertfordshire and would only sell FTF.

Regards

Roy
You have not made enough posts to use the pm facility sorry.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Bad Wolf

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:41 pm

These are excellent rifles and are worth getting them working to their full potential. You could try these [https://www.huma-air.com/Air-Arms-Pro-T ... -Regulator. They come set up so it’s just a case of removing the old one and fitting this in its place. /b]

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 am

eboswan wrote:

There’s a big security hole so that you can bypass this.
I have reported it.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 am
eboswan wrote:

There’s a big security hole so that you can bypass this.
I have reported it.
Hmm first I've heard...….who did you report it to Pete,please don't say it was me. :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
phooey111

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Hey, Happy new year and thanks for the info'.

I have done a bit more research and have quotes ranging from £200 for an Air Masters reg to £100 for a full service and repair to the original reg with maybe a few extra £ if parts are needed for the reg. I think I'd like to keep it original if possible.

As mentioned above. It's unlikely that I will ever use this again in any real fashion, just want to get it working, so would look to sell to the right person if anyone is interested.

Can't use PM though

no avatar
phooey111

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:14 pm

This rifle is for sale if anyone is actually able to contact me ..... seems the site has some somewhat antiquated policies regarding such things ....

no avatar
Rotherham Owl

Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 pm

PM sent. Can you let me know if it gets through to you.