To pining or not to pining

no avatar
BEAR54

Re: To pining or not to pining

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Brooksy wrote:Just take a digital picture of the insides, then take one out at a time, there are only two springs so it's easier than you think. However, if you do mess it up, PM me and I will give you 20 quid for the gun.

:lol:

Lmao

no avatar
BEAR54

Re: To pining or not to pining

Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:03 am

Ok so here's an update for anyone considering polishing the trigger sears
JUST DO IT ;)
After listening to advise on here I sat down at home alone removed the stock, trigger guard and carefully eased the trigger cover plate off ( didn't need a blade just a little wiggle and it's free )
Next a took a close up picture of how everything sits then carefully removed the sears and using a bit of 1200 wet and dry ( dry ) sanded the surfaces that touch each other ( just enough to take any roughness away ) I just some polishing compound and finishing polish from work and used a dermal to polish all the surfaces then cleaned up with a nice soft cloth 8-)
Re-installed as per picture gave all the moving parts a squirt of Napier Power Airgun Oil and finished putting the gun back together 8-)
What a massive difference it's made to the firing cycle!! I'm no longer pulling the trigger it's just a lovely smooth squeeze 8-)
So thanks for the advice guys and anyone that's thinking of doing it just do it, I spent about half an hour doing it it's not that difficult.
Cheers again guys Kev