Cometa Orion Mini advice

no avatar
PeacefulWarrior

Cometa Orion Mini advice

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:01 am

Hello people. I am new to the forum, so please don't bite my head off for posting about a different rifle make. I realise it is called aaownersclub for a reason. but although I really like AA guns, I haven't had the pleasure of owning/trying one yet. But I am looking for one and almost bought a S400 the other day, before running out of funds and having to change my mind. At the moment, I have a HW97, a Hatsan mod 95 and a SMK TH208(Diana 34 copy).
I actually joined the club looking for tweaky, but I can't seem to find him in the members list. He was mentioned in a discussion on airgunforum as a master of PCP regulating.
I wanted to ask your opinions on a Cometa Orion Mini bullpup. I really want to buy one, but wasn't sure if it would be OK to get the unregulated version and maybe have it regulated somewhere down the line if I wanted. Or just buy the regulated version in the first place and pay the extra £100+ for it. Any suggestions welcome.

Raj

Re: Cometa Orion Mini advice

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Tweaky has well and truly hung up his spurs as far as i know. i made contact with him about one of his regs a few years back and even then, he was not really active. Hope you get sorted.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
PeacefulWarrior

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 am

Thanks for the info Raj. I was expecting more help from people in here, tbh I'm surprised only you chimed in. I guess there is such a thing as 'gunist' afterall. If it's not an AA, people will just give you the cold shoulder? What if I said I actually bought myself not 1, but 3 lovely AA's this week? Would that change anything?
No worries, I'll probably not bother with a reg afterall. It seems there are a lot of guns out there that do just fine without one. Thanks again Raj, good man

no avatar
rob2hook

Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Now please don't take exception. You asked about another brand on the Air Arms forum. Perhaps no-one who has seen your question has any experience of the Cometa Orion, so no-one has replied.

Rob.