Just found out about the new ts400 target rifle from air arms does anybody know and details

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Just found out about the new ts400 target rifle from air arms does anybody know and details

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Just got an email from them with a photo. The link to find out more says nothing.
What a spectacular launch - not.

gdavison

Re: Just found out about the new ts400 target rifle from air arms does anybody know and details

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:04 am

Agree it does seem shrouded in mystery .. Seems to be aimed at Target Sprint discipline, and despite the article saying Janine shares her insight, there is nothing https://www.air-arms.co.uk/academy/9532 ... e-bradbury

Most I can find is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekrqvJUrGA skip to 17:20 in and all it explains is new cocking lever design
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:51 am

That kind of quick-cocking lever would be good with a magazine but I dont see the benefit on single shot. I guess you dont need to shift hand position to cock but you then have to pick the pellet out of the holder she has fixed on the stock and drop it in the breech.
Thete must be a strategic design reason!

no avatar
Friar Tuck

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:52 am

The cocking mechanism is indeed all about speed. This rifle is designed for Target Sprint where every second counts. It has dropped the time for clearing the five targets from around 15 seconds to 10 seconds, which equates to around 10m on the track. That's single-loaded, magazines are not allowed... It is a significant development for the sport.