Ultimate Sporter fault.

no avatar
headshot

Ultimate Sporter fault.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Can anyone tell me why my recently purchased Air Arms Ultimate Sporter in .22 will allow the last pellet to fall out of the magazines? I've been to the gun shop and they can't help.

I have been loading the last pellet half and half to stop it falling out when in my pocket. I then need to clear the pellet feed, tilt the rifle down, or the pellet will fall out, and load. However careful I am I can't stop the pellet falling out as I reload.

This happens with both of my magazines and may be the make of pellet,( I am using JSB Exact Jumbo Diabolo 15.89 gr.)

It may also be the o-ring?

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Ultimate Sporter fault.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

When you look through the naughty hole does the O ring protrude into it the same amount as the others? If not does the groove need filing out a bit?

no avatar
headshot

Re: Ultimate Sporter fault.You lost me when you said naughty hole!

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:44 pm

It would be nice to know what is happening to let a pellet drop out but the gun shop doesn't seem to know what to do and advised me to only load nine pellets ha ha.

I got no reply from air Arms so I've ordered a double magazine from Pneumatic Ballistics. At least their mags don't have an 0-ring.

Blackbaronfish

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Have you tried other pellets to see if they fall out

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
headshot

Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:29 pm

The gun shop tried several and they all fell out.

Blackbaronfish

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Has the shop got another one to try with your pellets

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
When you look through the naughty hole does the O ring protrude into it the same amount as the others? ...
It was a simple question.

no avatar
headshot

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:34 pm

I think they tried with an AA US in the rack and the same thing happened, but I'm not sure.

Just hope I don't have any trouble with my Pneumatic Ballistics double magazine! Should be here before the end of the week. I'd be interested to know if, after turning the partly empty half round, I could fill it up again while on the rifle? Probably not but you never know ha ha.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:23 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
When you look through the naughty hole does the O ring protrude into it the same amount as the others?
Are you going to look or not?

Spending £65 on a third party mag is a tad expensive when you could probably fettle the AA one for free.
The O ring gives friction without changing the dimensions of the skirt. I wonder how this one works.

no avatar
headshot

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:20 am

Update from the gun shop - the Ultimate Sporter in their rack also spits out pellets!

I'm going with the double magazine, at least I won't have any problems with O-rings. On order, paid for, and probably delivered before the end of the week,. At least I still have the two original ten shot mags if I get stuck ha ha.