New member.

no avatar
headshot

New member.

Wed May 23, 2018 2:52 pm

While I'm new to AAOC I've been shooting for a long while with air rifles, rimfires, full bore and shotguns.

I'm just about to part exchange my BSA R10 for an Air Arms Ultimate Sporter which is due for delivery on 3rd June. I mainly use my air rifle to control squirrels over a feeder, plus ferals, rabbits, wood pigeons and collared doves.

I've been told that the air feed to the Ultimate Sporter will foul the silencer when it is removed. I thought I would just take the silencer off each time I required topping up, but the gun shop tell me I should leave the silencer on, because I risk damaging the O ring if I remove it. Seems daft to me but can anyone advise?

no avatar
143granville

Re: New member.

Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 pm

hi welcome .
no idea on the issue about filling you should get some advice on here .
did you fancy change from the r10 ?
atb paul.

gdavison

Thu May 31, 2018 6:13 am

You can smack the bottom of the silencer if you are a bit "kack handed" when removing the filller.. however if you lightly grease the filler O rings and just take a bit of care its easy to remove the filler without banging anything, if for some reason your technique is not working and you do smack it, simply wrap a bit of cloth around the silencer for protection.
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
headshot

Thu May 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. I suppose there is no problem if you take it easy removing the filler.

I've had no problems with the R10 but you know what its like when you see another rifle you fancy. Having said that I have started comparing the R10 with the Ultimate Sporter. I like the side lever cocking and the safety, which is similar to that on my auto shotgun, is much quieter than that on the R10. The AA magazine is less of fiddle to load, and what about that laminated stock!!

Best wishes,

Headshot.