Meet update

Blackbaronfish

Meet update

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:40 pm

That last 2015 meet raised a total of £750.00 for the Devon Air Ambulance. I cannot express my gratitude to all that contributed.
This year we wanted to remember our members past and present that have been blighted by one form or another from cancer.
I'm sure you will al agree that cancer research is a worthy cause.

Dave Diabolical,Phil Lambert and Ray Ross are just few past members that will be remembered.

Many thanks for your continued support.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Geordie

Re: Meet update

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Good shout Ray, I'm right behind you on that one. 8-)

Hope Rays treatment is still going well.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Yes a well worthy cause....good shout ray :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:40 pm

It was Julians idea. I was more than happy to decide for everyone.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
GrandadG

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:09 pm

A very worthy cause, good thinking Julian
I'll look forward to donating a few bob in due course :D
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
davyt63

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:31 pm

100% good cause
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

Raj

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 pm

My mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma of the lung in 2014. They gave her 6 to 8 months. With care, love and affection from her family, friends and relatives she has somehow managed to beat the odds so far. However each month, each week and each day, the disease advances a bit more. It has spread to her adrenal glands, liver, heart and various soft tissue sites. My 77 year old dad soldiers on with looking after her full time back in India. I know it is probably a matter of weeks now. All treatment to try and kill the spread ceased 2 months ago and she is now on a very high palliative dose of morphine and mind altering ketamines that attempt to dissociate her real self from the pain. Every breath still hurts.

She never smoked, drank or even eat meat so it certainly wasnt her lifestyle. It is an indiscriminate and progressive disease that seems to get increasingly more people as time passes. I would be happy to donate to this cause ... and not just because I am directly affected at the moment. The advances in medicine from donations has meant that though there are many cases like my mum, we also have examples where people are being helped in fighting it off and making a full recovery.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
davyt63

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Raj wrote:My mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma of the lung in 2014. They gave her 6 to 8 months. With care, love and affection from her family, friends and relatives she has somehow managed to beat the odds so far. However each month, each week and each day, the disease advances a bit more. It has spread to her adrenal glands, liver, heart and various soft tissue sites. My 77 year old dad soldiers on with looking after her full time back in India. I know it is probably a matter of weeks now. All treatment to try and kill the spread ceased 2 months ago and she is now on a very high palliative dose of morphine and mind altering ketamines that attempt to dissociate her real self from the pain. Every breath still hurts.

She never smoked, drank or even eat meat so it certainly wasnt her lifestyle. It is an indiscriminate and progressive disease that seems to get increasingly more people as time passes. I would be happy to donate to this cause ... and not just because I am directly affected at the moment. The advances in medicine from donations has meant that though there are many cases like my mum, we also have examples where people are being helped in fighting it off and making a full recovery.

sorry to here that Raj
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Raj wrote:My mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma of the lung in 2014. They gave her 6 to 8 months. With care, love and affection from her family, friends and relatives she has somehow managed to beat the odds so far. However each month, each week and each day, the disease advances a bit more. It has spread to her adrenal glands, liver, heart and various soft tissue sites. My 77 year old dad soldiers on with looking after her full time back in India. I know it is probably a matter of weeks now. All treatment to try and kill the spread ceased 2 months ago and she is now on a very high palliative dose of morphine and mind altering ketamines that attempt to dissociate her real self from the pain. Every breath still hurts.

We have spoke of this in the past even though i have not enquired how mam is doing it hasnot been far from my thoughts.
My best wishes too you all.
Bri
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Gnome of the Woods

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Excellent choice, a matter close to my heart.
Artist formally know as Gnome of the Woods