Scope height.

no avatar
headshot

Scope height.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:52 pm

I am part exchanging my BSA R10 for the Air Arms Ultimate. The ultimate has been delivered and I do the deal on Monday 4th.

The scope on my BSA is the Hawke Sidewinder, with 56mm objective. You could just about get a sheet of paper between the scope tube and the barrel, and that's how I like it. I'm assuming that because of the magazine height with the Ultimate I will need to fit higher mounts?

At least, although I don't want my scope higher, I will be able to adjust the cheekpiece to compensate.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Scope height.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:28 pm

I reckon Sportsmatch high should fit, book says up to 56mm TM3327. Rog

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Roger5 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:28 pm
I reckon Sportsmatch high should fit, book says up to 56mm TM3327. Deben code or the Sportsmatch code HTO36C. Rog

no avatar
headshot

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks for that Rog.

It will all become clear just after 9am on Monday. My agreement with the gun shop is that they leave the unboxing of my guns to me. When the gun they ordered for me arrives they will phone me and say , "I've got a box here I daren't open" and I go in to do the unveiling, that way no other customers have slobbered over my new gun ha ha.

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:58 pm

headshot wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:47 pm
Thanks for that Rog.

It will all become clear just after 9am on Monday. My agreement with the gun shop is that they leave the unboxing of my guns to me. When the gun they ordered for me arrives they will phone me and say , "I've got a box here I daren't open" and I go in to do the unveiling, that way no other customers have slobbered over my new gun ha ha.
Not a bad idea, and if you can whip it out of its stock, even better, I bought an S400 and a trigger plate screw was damaged, didn't know until I got it home. Rog

no avatar
headshot

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Some time ago I waited ages for a Grade 5 Miroku Mk 38 shotgun and when it eventually arrived I unboxed it but left it because I didn't have the money. Unfortunately I didn't take the forend off and when I came to pay in full the barrel under the forend was full of scratches. Back the gun went to Belgium and, after a long wait, because of continual strikes in Belgium, I finally took it home.

no avatar
tonyc

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 pm

You didn't say if your US is .177 or .22. These measurements might be of use:

To clear the mag on .177 allow minimum 12mm clearance above the rail. The rail is 5mm higher than the barrel shroud.

For the .22 (I don't have one) I'm guessing the mag could be a little higher but most likely just bored out larger to allow same indexing mechanism. So to be safe you might need to allow 15mm clearance. Rail to barrel shroud should be the same.

Hope this helps.

no avatar
headshot

Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Picked up the Ultimate Sporter this morning. The Hawke Sidewinder scope, with 56mm objective went straight on using the original low mounts, that only just cleared the barrel, with a gap of quarter of an inch between the scope and the barrel. I'm very happy with that, no need to buy another set of mounts.

The front sling stud was missing from the accessory rail so they robbed one from the Ultimate in the rack and ordered one to replace it. Now to get the rifle zeroed.