In memory of Freddie - Thank you

no avatar
Freddieswife2014

In memory of Freddie - Thank you

Fri May 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi,

My name is Clare Allen. My husband Freddie use to message on the forum regularly before he died in July 2014 at the age of 43. I can't tell you what it means to me to have received the many cards, messages and letters after he died so suddenly and unexpectedly.
I joined the forum some months ago but found it hard to write anything at the time. So before any more months pass by, I would like to personally thank everyone who sent such kind messages at such a difficult time. It means a lot not only to me but to our 5 children also. Even though the youngest, Evie (10 months old at the time) is not able to understand the words people have written. I know she will appreciate reading comments about her daddy when she is old enough. And she will realise in time what an amazing sense of humour he had.
Guns (and his family) were Freddie's life, so much so he bought a shop, renovated it, and after continuous hard work he opened a gun shop in our local area. He turned his hobby and passion for guns into a business. He said it was the best job he had ever had.
We opened the shop in October 2013 once Freddie was reassured that our new baby had arrived safely, our 5th child. Unfortunately this was short lived and the business ceased trading in July/August.
It has been a really difficult time and still remains to be. I am thankful to the people who attended Freddie's funeral. It was so overwhelming at the time and I remember people from the forum who introduced themselves to me. I don't remember names so if it was you please let me know.
A few fantastic photos of Freddie were sent to me from friends, photos I'd never seen before. An amazing one of our son Tom and Freddie at a gun meet in England somewhere. So if anyone has any stories, comments, photos or anything else to share myself and the children would love to hear from you. The children and I have a keen interest in air guns, we all have one (except the baby!)

You will no doubt be reading something else from me before too long as unlike Freddie and most people here I don't have quite so much experience/knowledge.

Thanks for reading

Kind regards

Clare

bgaltd

Re: In memory of Freddie - Thank you

Fri May 22, 2015 3:10 pm

God Bless you Clare , you and your children were truly his life . we talked about you all in our many chats/picking my brains as he set up the business up there .

please give the children my regards and if you all are ever passing through Somerset i will make sure the kettle is on and the squash ready mixed xxxxxx.

best wishes.

julian.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri May 22, 2015 3:31 pm

hello clare

my name is brian I shared many pm`s with Freddie and had a lot of laughs with him :D
I bought a few bits and pieces from him and he phoned me too sort out what I needed I`m so glad Freddie rang me because boy he could talk :lol: he was a top bloke.
my best wishes too you all and all the best for the future.

brian
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geordie

Fri May 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi Clare.

I'm Geordie (gordon). I had the pleasure of meeting Freddie and young Tommy when he stopped off at my place on his way back home from the AAOC meet.

He was a lovely guy and he often spoke to me about him wanting to stock my airgun stocks in his, soon to be, new business. I feel lucky to have to spoken the man at such length on so many occasions. Larger than life and a thoroughly nice man. He's a big miss on the forum.

Best wishes to you and your family Clare.

Rgds,
Gordon.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Blackbaronfish

Fri May 22, 2015 5:04 pm

He was certainly larger than life, with that broad accent that took a few minutes for you to get your head around. He was well respected by all of the members ,even the one that didnt agree with some ideas and thoughts that were generally thrashed out on the open forum.
His generosity with prizes that he donated for the yearly meet was very welcomed. He is sorely missed

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Timmytree

Fri May 22, 2015 5:20 pm

Unfortunately I never met Freddie, we did share a mad sense of humour and enjoyed numerous exchanges on the old forum. I considered Freddie as a friend in "absentia."
He may have been a long way away but I could rely on him to make me smile on a bad day.
Clare, we can't begin to feel what you and the children have experienced, but we all hope the wonderful memories of a unique man will be of comfort.
Like Julian, I can say that if you and the children ever visit this end of the country there is a place here for you to stay.
Kindest Regards.
Tim, Clare and Morgan.

Blackbaronfish

Fri May 22, 2015 5:25 pm

We miss out ADMIN PET :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zippy

Fri May 22, 2015 5:57 pm

My name is Mick. my passion is air guns and shooting.

I wished I could have met Freddie and was at some point going to dive up to Feds shop. We did post massages too each-other on the forum.
I sent PM's to Fred on the AA forum asking advice on Air guns, Freddie's knowledge was incredible and so pleased I taken the advice.

Freddie, was so will liked by everyone and a true gent, and a caring man, he always wanted customers to be so happy and went out of his way to help.
I loved reading Freddie posts on the old forum so much knowledge and love for the sport/shooting. and adored and loved his family.

It was heartbreaking reading Freddie's Air rifles stock been sold in sales section on this forum, and the pink stock S410 Freddie made for his little girl, so heartbreaking.

I wish my utmost feelings and condolence, and wish you the best for the future.

Freddie was Gentleman and was liked and respected by everyone.

My kindest regards and blessings.

Michael.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
wastrel

Fri May 22, 2015 8:06 pm

first off Clare, condolences to you & your family.
I met Frank on a few occasions after joining the forum because with with my location being listed as Loch Lomond he thought I might not be too far away from the shop, we exchanged many stories jokes & messages before I finally visited the shop with my late father, we had a great laugh, my dad`s life long passion was guns & Frank showed him many of the `real` guns he had tucked away from customers & for sale & general curios -the Japanese machine gun fascinated my dad-no joke guys, there was a (large) Japanese machine gun sat in his shop!
I met one of your daughters one time too, around 10 I`d guess, a beautiful articulate polite wee thing she was, I tried joking with her, she quickly scooted round the counter & behind her dads leg for protection with an embarrassed smile on her face, I wasn`t offended, as I have this effect on most women I meet! & THAT picture of Tommy at the 2013 meet, dear god, do you know, the only look of affection I get like that from anywhere, is from my dogs when I sit down with MY dinner!
anyhoo, I returned up to the shop, to pick up a rifle I`d ordered from him, we chatted & drank coffee, I tried the rifle out, we had more coffee, I bought some goodies to go with the gun, I complained (at 5`8") I felt like a dwarf every time I met him, we laughed, he actually appologised to me for that. anyway, as I left the shop he ran out waving the rifle packaging, my head whipped right & left in case the boss could see him or hear me (not likely, she was over 70 odd miles away, but you can never be too careful when it comes to `the boss`)
I said "no,- bin that big fella, if I return with a gun in a new box, she`ll know I`ve bought a new one, as long as it stays in this gun bag (I`d cunningly arrived with)- she`ll never know"-
& she still doesn`t!
the gaffer hates guns & still has no idea I`ve a brand new one tucked away in my gunslip!
Frank was a bear of a man, a kind man, funny and a knowledgeable man, a gentleman, & I miss him. he also made great coffee.
all the very best to you & your family, Simon Jardine.
Last edited by wastrel on Sat May 30, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

raygun

Sat May 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi Clare,
I met Freddie just the once at the Rivington AA meet. You will of course by now have realised that he had an immense Forum presence and was liked by an awful lot of people.
Sometimes life is not kind and does take the wrong people at the wrong time. I do feel privileged to have known Freddie.
He was one of those who was few and far between.

ATB
Ray.