In memory of Freddie - Thank you

Iced Tiger

Re: In memory of Freddie - Thank you

Sun May 24, 2015 11:20 am

Hi Clare,

So sorry for your loss.
I had the pleasure of meeting Freddie and his little lad Tommy in 2013 at the Air Arms meet at Rivington. He was a larger than life character who had time for everyone. He was also very generous with the prizes that he donated.
He will be sadly missed by all the members of the forum who knew him including myself.
Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Neil M.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
Goldminer

Sun May 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Clare , My name is Paul. Most people call me Coop. I had the pleasure of meeting Freddie and little Tommy at the Irvington Rifles Shoot in 20013. We were camped next to Freddie and Tommy we let them share our cooking stove and we would sit sharing brews and talking whilst watching Tommy explore and run around. I have to say that I fell for little Tommy in a big way and to watch Freddie and Tommy together was a big joy. I really hit it off with Freddie and Tommy and i was also really pleased that I won the prize that Freddie donated for the shooting compatition a really good rifle scope that I still use and will never sell. I was so shocked when I heard about the sad loss of Freddie and I will always remember the weekend I spent with your big and little men. I think I have some pictures of us around the camp I will have a look and post them here if I still have them. All the best to you and your family. Paul Cooper aka Goldminer.

no avatar
davyt63

Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 pm

hi Clare
i also met Freddie for the first time at the Rivington meet,and was looking forward to meeting him,after a number of calls and pm's regarding the battleship competition,which Freddie supplied and donated the winning prizes.

like the rest of us I also was shocked at the sudden loss,for you and your young family.
Freddie was a lovely bloke and i enjoyed the short time we spent together,and little Tom was great!

sorry for your loss

regards

Davy Thomas
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
Kev Todd

Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi Clare, like most on here I only met Freddie once, but chatted on the forum quite a lot.

I'm pretty poor at putting my feelings down into words so I'll just echo the above. He was a great asset and friend on the forum and is missed by all.

My condolences to you, your family and friends.

Kev, Sarah and Hayley.

no avatar
Baldiloks

Sat May 30, 2015 7:54 am

Hi Clare,

I am very sorry for your loss, I spoke to Freddie on the old site.

Nice guy, we had a laugh.

Condolences to the family.

rogers1

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:09 am

Good evening Clare. I am Duncan Rogers, from Dunfermline.
I too mostly conducted my business online with Freddie. I really got his sense of humour and brilliant, articulate style. I also phoned him a few times. I think my ears are still bleeding.... ;)

I only met Freddie once. it was actually not long before he passed away, when my son and I went up to the shop from Dunfermline at the end of May 2014, and each bought Weihrauch air pistols. Freddie (and Ian) fed us coffee, stories, and let us use the indoor range to show how truly woeful my pistol shooting was!

I, like anyone who knew Freddie, was devastated when he passed away. I had only known him briefly, but I definitely counted him as a friend. We were arranging a fishing trip for later in the year, to go after trout on Loch Earn. Sadly, we never got the chance.
He always talked & typed so much about you and the kids. He was a unique man.

I tried to introduce myself at the funeral, but found coherent speech almost beyond me. I recall you finished my sentence for me when I couldn't say the words! Thank you.

I always think of Freddie whenever I plink with the pistol. It has many thousands of rounds through it now, so I recall him often!

Kindest regards, Duncan Rogers
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....