Vacuum cleaner.

raygun

Re: Vacuum cleaner.

Tue May 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Well given that the goods AO.com sell are on general sale everywhere the first criteria has to be price, and they seem pretty good.
They have free next day delivery. I received a 4 hour time slot before 7am of 10am to 2pm. The driver phoned me 15 mins before to say he was on his way. I got the delivery at 12.30.

I just cannot fault the service side and AO.com have to be worth considering if your buying that type of goods.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
nitro

Sun May 24, 2015 9:56 pm

get one of those red ... henry ... hoovers .. we have one .. hoovered allsorts with it ...sand, pebbles. broken glass etc ... just keeps going ...
ONE SHOT .... ONE KILL

Blackbaronfish

Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 pm

nitro wrote:get one of those PINK ... henry ... hoovers .. we have one .. hoovered allsorts with it ...sand, pebbles. broken glass etc ... just keeps going ...
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Goldminer

Mon May 25, 2015 9:41 am

Hi Ray I think Dyson do some sort of repair /service deal, where they send a service engineer for a fixed price. They will fix any fault found and replace any bits with new. I think its expensive but you end up with reconditioned machine at less than a replacement price.

Timmytree

Mon May 25, 2015 11:04 am

Goldminer wrote:Hi Ray I think Dyson do some sort of repair /service deal, where they send a service engineer for a fixed price. They will fix any fault found and replace any bits with new. I think its expensive but you end up with reconditioned machine at less than a replacement price.

They do indeed, I believe it's about £70 now. A friend of mine got a Dyson from a skip, he had it sorted by a Dyson engineer who put in brushes, filters and a new motor. Well worth it!

Blackbaronfish

Mon May 25, 2015 12:50 pm

You ran out of time . This is from their website.

Please note, we are no longer able to supply spare parts, or carry out service or repairs for the following machines:

From July 2011 - DC01 and DC02.
From February 2015 - DC03, DC04 and DC05.
From May 2015 - DC11 and DC16.
If you still own any of the machines above, you can receive a discount on a new Dyson vacuum cleaner. If you’d like to take advantage of this offer, or would like to discuss it further, please call 0800 954 0153.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

raygun

Mon May 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Quite a while back I had a problem with the machine and via the Dyson website I was trying to resolve the problem. Dyson sent me various parts (including a new cyclone) but either couldn't or wouldn't understand me when I was trying to explain that it was the thermal cutout on the motor that was the problem. (the vac stopped working after the same running time consistently).

Dyson checked over my machine and replaced all parts required, including motor. They did not want the parts already supplied back and the charge was nothing.
Unfortunately due to the age of the machine I think that I would be just chasing the next part to fail.

The VAX I have in replacement isn't as good or as substantial. It vacs up well but I suspect it will not last anything like as long. Having said that it was only £89 after being reduced.

All floors should be made of FEM then all the crap could just drop through :lol:

ATB
Ray.

Blackbaronfish

Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm

I bypassed the thermal cut off years ago due to the same thing. Its still working well 8-)

BBF

no avatar
gunblade

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:44 am

As said before the Miele and Dyson I have had personal experience of and can't really fault either... Bissell on the other hand, no good!!! :? I'd maybe look second-hand for a vacuum cleaner
Last edited by gunblade on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sake-san

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Get a Henry (Numatic).. simple, robust, long lived...
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun