Tattoo

bgaltd

Tattoo

Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 pm

four weeks after my last one the bug has bitten again its time for another one :D :D :D .

what to have this time ..............

no avatar
wastrel

Re: Tattoo

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:23 pm

why not design your own, I did, I`d always wanted the scottish flag with a lion rampant, seen it done (really badly at times) on lots of guys & knew I wanted summit different, a new tattoo shop opened up locally with an american guy, a real artist he was, walked in & said 'oh`
he went "what`s up mate"
I said I was expecting the usual poster rack full of designs, this place was clinically bare, nowt on show `cept a few pictures on the wall of him in action with the needle, he explained every design he did was a one off & did I have anything in mind, I sheepishly said I`d thought of a rampant lion with flag etc but not the usual side on lion holding the flag pole thing, did he know of the Iron Maiden `Trooper` design, I was worried he`d sneer at my idea- I couldn`t have been more wrong, excitedly he brought up an online picture of it, said yeah mate, I can do something with this!
I said could we base the lion & flag design around it, handed him 60 sheets for his time, after some fettling with his origional ideas, £180 later I got this
sorry if this is huge, I`ve forgotten how to reduce the size of my pics in Photobucket.
edit:- it`s wrapped aound my (skinny) calf & difficult to show in one picture.
Last edited by wastrel on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Raj

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

That is a cracking story and a brilliant tattoo, mate. You deserve a badge for that !!! :twisted: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Wow you have 3 legs ...was it £60 per leg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:00 pm

bgaltd wrote:four weeks after my last one the bug has bitten again its time for another one :D :D :D .

what to have this time ..............

your old aaoc avatar :) ;)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Linus

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Wow you have 3 legs ...was it £60 per leg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF

Jock the peg :lol:
Dean
Member since October 2007.

no avatar
wastrel

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 pm

postscript:- the design was pinned on the guys wall for a few days before I was able to come in & get inked, by the time I could, he told me the design was requested by umpteen people who walked into the shop & said, "that there mate, I`ll have that"
ready to pay there & then to have it done!
the guy told them they couldn`t have it, cos the bloke who paid for the design hadn`t had it done yet, & no-one was getting before me, said if they didn`t come back, I`d cost him a fortune!
love my Tatt`
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
piggy589

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:16 pm

It looks great compared to my friend's left arm,it warmed up the other day and the jacket came off, revealing ink that resembles the obituary column in the local weekly paper,respect to lost club brothers he said.A biker's commitment I guess.
Last edited by piggy589 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bgaltd

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:20 pm

like you i told the tattooist what i wanted and he designed 2 of my last 4 .

i think my next one is going to be the stained glass window at the west end of St Mary's in town , I've always loved that window :D :D .

no avatar
wastrel

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:24 pm

bgaltd wrote:like you i told the tattooist what i wanted and he designed 2 of my last 4 .

i think my next one is going to be the stained glass window at the west end of St Mary's in town , I've always loved that window :D :D .

well you`ve lost me? could we see the window (or whatever) & give you an opinion?
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member