Where is everyone?

no avatar
krl510xl

Re: Where is everyone?

Thu May 28, 2020 6:13 am

I agree with the last post, I don’t do Facebook or any social media at all. I do look most days on this forum and read all the latest with interest and do occasionally reply.

no avatar
FPoole

Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 am

I check in about once a month, but there's seldom anything about a TX200, which is all I own.

no avatar
mal60

Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 am

I think this forum is a great reference book for anything Air Arms when you need it, and a fantastic source of spares via Julian. It doesn't have the feel of a social media site or chatroom to me.

Raj

Fri May 29, 2020 12:37 pm

Hey guys ... Still look in every now and again.

Somehow, I cannot see the Glory Days for this place (which I reckon were a few years between say 2008 and 2013) coming back. There was a real spirit, great banter as well as all the rest of the good air rifles related stuff like technical help, sales and swaps, hunting stories, advice for starters like I was in 2008 etc.
I suppose there is an element of 'Video killed the Radio star' to the way the Net has developed. Everything is highly watered down and ephemeral these days. No real depth to anything. The days of five figure post counts with 50 odd regulars being active most days are gone I am afraid. It was good while it lasted. Such is life. Just glad I was there with some of you hardcores when it peaked. :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Mason

Fri May 29, 2020 2:36 pm

BOO
:D

Raj

Fri May 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Brian !!! Where the devil are you these days and when are you coming to my house for a 'socially distanced' pint? Tomorrow? You will not believe this but this evening, I went in the store cupboard and took out all my knock down targets. And I saw the Remington rabbit you left with me and I said to myself ... High time I reached out to Brian ... wonder how he is doing! :o :)

PM sent with my number.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 am

Raj wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:55 pm
Brian !!! Where the devil are you these days and when are you coming to my house for a 'socially distanced' pint? Tomorrow? You will not believe this but this evening, I went in the store cupboard and took out all my knock down targets. And I saw the Remington rabbit you left with me and I said to myself ... High time I reached out to Brian ... wonder how he is doing! :o :)

PM sent with my number.
Morning raj, I've not received a pm yet mate.try sending it again :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Mason

Sat May 30, 2020 9:25 am

"I'm Brian and so is my wife"

I forgot that the Remington Rabbit was still on hire to you Raj, Lets see, that's 4 years (tap tap tap) at £10 per week (tap tap tap) plus delivery and collection (tap tap tap) that makes it ...... :o :o

I'm coming round :D :lol:

Hope you and yours are all well.

Brian.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 30, 2020 10:47 am

Mason wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:25 am
"I'm Brian and so is my wife"

I forgot that the Remington Rabbit was still on hire to you Raj, Lets see, that's 4 years (tap tap tap) at £10 per week (tap tap tap) plus delivery and collection (tap tap tap) that makes it ...... :o :o

I'm coming round :D :lol:

Hope you and yours are all well.

Brian.

Off course, I forgot you also have a grand name :D I thought it was odd, I couldn't remember lending him a target :lol: but the memory's are flooding back too me now, I remember raj promising too return the target years ago.
He owes you a fortune in hire fee's
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 pm

Guys ... After the crazy few weeks we have had, I would happily pay to get both of you here! In fact, I would be overjoyed to host a Meet in my garden! 8-)