Where is everyone?

no avatar
Zed.

Re: Where is everyone?

Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm

Kev Todd wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:42 pm
Ok, so clearly hardly anyone comes and posts here much at all, so the question is...... where is everyone?

I did think it was obviously Facebook, but there don’t seem to be many of you on there either?

Hello........?
few forums are busy now, not heled by other platforms and also 'progress' - shooting especially has less of a good image now & people are more interested in a nice latte or crap tattoos than wasting lead :?

iIrc, wasnt there a fb group in the heyday? possibly GOTW had something to do with it (when he was on the 'Naughty step :lol: )
Gnome of the Woods wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:10 am
Laugh, used to be my life!!!!
lol, it did take a lot of time, especially in the early years :shock:

Raj wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:37 pm
Hey guys ... Still look in every now and again.

Somehow, I cannot see the Glory Days for this place (which I reckon were a few years between say 2008 and 2013) coming back. There was a real spirit, great banter as well as all the rest of the good air rifles related stuff like technical help, sales and swaps, hunting stories, advice for starters like I was in 2008 etc.
I suppose there is an element of 'Video killed the Radio star' to the way the Net has developed. Everything is highly watered down and ephemeral these days. No real depth to anything. The days of five figure post counts with 50 odd regulars being active most days are gone I am afraid. It was good while it lasted. Such is life. Just glad I was there with some of you hardcores when it peaked. :D
just remember that some of the higher 'post-count' heroes were mostly involved with the 3word stories & saying 'nice XYZ' on peoples photos as opposed to meaningfull content :lol:

the earlier meets like 2008's Anston weekend (where a member drove from Southhampton, decided not to camp & drove home the same day?) and 2009's Shepbreath weekend (where Colin slept in his car with the engine running all night?)

not forgetting the trolls, rip-off & thefts in sales on all forums (hence the 'trusted' list?)

all started on a phpbb free template by a 16 year old reading the bbs & wondering why there was a Falcon, BSA & gaystate oc & not one for AA :P

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
Kev Todd

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:07 pm

That and it’s crap using a forum like this on a smartphone as opposed to a desktop or laptop like the old days!😂

no avatar
Zed.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 pm

Kev Todd wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:07 pm
That and it’s crap using a forum like this on a smartphone as opposed to a desktop or laptop like the old days!😂
I always select the 'desktop' view, also hate craptalk (but thats another story....)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
abhishekmaheshwaram

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 am

Hello ,

I am Abhishek Maheshwaram. How do you do ?

Timmytree

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Still alive!
I don't do farcebook, don't actually shoot very often now but still look in occasionally.