oh oh...tullamore dew, who knew...

no avatar
zingpow

oh oh...tullamore dew, who knew...

Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:09 pm

so i have to pick up my wife and a couple of her friends at Detroit metro last Friday...to kill time (and some brain cells) i go to Kelly's irish pub maybe 15 miles away for a jack and beer...well I'm about the only person in there until these two irish boys (think big with crooked noses) come in and i start in on them as is my nature...they be speaking an irish dialect of English...they're drinking Guinness and whiskey...

"so what you drinking then"...
"im having a blue moon and waiting for food for a Jackie d"
"jack daniels is dog piss"
"well what do you think Jamison is"
"dog piss"
"fine, what are you having"
"tullamore dew, jenny (bar tender) give the man a fine drink of whiskey"
"well thank you boys, don't mind if i do"

with that i toast them with a fine salutation and throw it down as they take tentative sips of theirs...SMOOOOOOTH...

"damn boys that is some smooth whiskey"
"yes, it's even smoother if you take your time and enjoy it"
"well I'm in a hurry and don't have time for every nuance, jenny my girl (in MY finest irish dialect) three more and lets bend that elbow a bit longer in the pouring"

and so it started...the lads kept up with me and i had to be at the airport in 20 minutes...i made it but was some how disoriented...

tullamore dew and fine irish young men (guitar players and singers of irish tunes) getting an early start on a day of debauchery...it was just after noon...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

Raj

Re: oh oh...tullamore dew, who knew...

Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Tullamore Dew and the Dubliners ... has a very special place in my memory ... aboard Ming's Tiki. 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"