Yes I would move with it.
31%
No I wouldn’t want to move.
69%

Total votes: 26
Iced Tiger

Re: Moving to Facebook

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:35 pm

I’m on the fence, would use Facebook but forum should be kept for sales etc.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Could we have an update on exactly what the plans are? My question is: can the forum survive in it's current format? I know that life changes, people move on, some sadly passed away, but in respect to the good old days, it is faded. If you look at the active topics page, little seems to change. My best guess that all the members here are of a certain age.We in all likely hood entered shooting in a similar manner. Times change, the young don't enter shooting, with the lives they lead with the electronic gadgets, internet on their phones etc. Facebook is a social network platform used by people of our age. A chance to grow membership. If we keep doing the same things, don't be surprised when we get similar results.

no avatar
poguemahone

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:11 pm

some good points there gary ;)
i honestly dont know if it'll help or not, thats why i havent commented. i've hoped and prayed for a couple of years now, that the forum would return to its former glory, but hoping and praying clearly isnt working :(

Raj

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:25 pm

Only one thing will bring it back to its glory ... hole.

EDNA !!!! :lol: :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
gary martin

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:32 pm

poguemahone wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:11 pm
some good points there gary ;)
i honestly dont know if it'll help or not, thats why i havent commented. i've hoped and prayed for a couple of years now, that the forum would return to its former glory, but hoping and praying clearly isnt working :(
Hi mate. In a repost to your thoughts of if it could help, i do indeed think it could. I am a member of another forum which has a facebook account too. It is lively and a good accompliment to the forum. An offshoot called pellet on pellet, had daily updates on the world field target championships. I can't quite remember how many views it received, but it was impressive and far outstripped any mainstream media coverage. As i led to believe facebook is now the preserve of our generation, the younger people use other newer social media. Have a look any business tends to have a facebook account. The owners of this site who put their hard earned money into this venture surely want, as we old members call the good old days to return. To get that level of content,we require a bigger active membership. If it is worthwhile for business i am sure it would work for us.
All the best mate. The fact that your repost is the only one so far on a comment which would appear in the new thread section and active topic section suggests we need to try something.
Gary.

no avatar
poguemahone

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:25 pm

the more i think about it, the more i think you're right gary ;)

no avatar
poguemahone

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Raj wrote:

we'll have to all get together in the virtual bar one night, and book a spiritualist to see if we can get in touch with the old battleaxe :lol:

no avatar
gary martin

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:38 pm

poguemahone wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:25 pm
the more i think about it, the more i think you're right gary ;)
Thanks mate. Just thinking aloud, I wonder just how many active members we have? maybe the management could supply us the information. Then what is active? maybe minimum of 5 posts in a time span of 10 weeks?

no avatar
GrandadG

Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:49 pm

poguemahone wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:36 pm
Raj wrote:

we'll have to all get together in the virtual bar one night, and book a spiritualist to see if we can get in touch with the old battleaxe :lol:
I'm sure that Raj has her tucked away somewhere..........he went very quiet ever since he started wearin Lycra and riding "bikes" (of the Edna variety maybe)
Who knows? :o :mrgreen:
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg