tx200 is doing fine...

no avatar
zingpow

tx200 is doing fine...

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:26 pm

well i've had this rifle since before i was on this forum how ever many years ago and it still shoots one hole groups every once in awhile...i've been dinging english sparrows by the dozen the last week or so as they have fledged and the parents bring them in here to feed on mulberries and the easy stuff in my feeders...cowbirds and starlings round it out but sparrows are in right now...if i load up and the targets fly away i'll wait a few minutes then burn the pellet at one of the targets i have set up out at 25 yards...sometimes it's just perfect and it's that way right now, one pellet after the other in the same hole (sightly opened up but not a clover leaf, just one hole)...

i'm amazed at how long i've had this rifle and it still shoots like that...it'll put a pellet in one ear and out the other of full size rabbits too and fox squirrels as well...i still have the rws-54 and it's a fine rifle but the first one i pick up is always the tx-200...what a fine piece of craftsmanship...zing of the wild frontier...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: tx200 is doing fine...

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:31 pm

What a sick post.

Ive had enough of this.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:31 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
What a sick post.

Ive had enough of this.
Pm sent.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:26 am

As you may or may not know the op is located in the USA. Sparrows are a nuisance over there and have been controlled for many years.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
GrandadG

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:11 pm

zingpow wrote:
well i've had this rifle since before i was on this forum how ever many years ago and it still shoots one hole groups every once in awhile...i've been dinging english sparrows by the dozen the last week or so as they have fledged and the parents bring them in here to feed on mulberries and the easy stuff in my feeders...cowbirds and starlings round it out but sparrows are in right now...if i load up and the targets fly away i'll wait a few minutes then burn the pellet at one of the targets i have set up out at 25 yards...sometimes it's just perfect and it's that way right now, one pellet after the other in the same hole (sightly opened up but not a clover leaf, just one hole)...

i'm amazed at how long i've had this rifle and it still shoots like that...it'll put a pellet in one ear and out the other of full size rabbits too and fox squirrels as well...i still have the rws-54 and it's a fine rifle but the first one i pick up is always the tx-200...what a fine piece of craftsmanship...zing of the wild frontier...
Great stuff with the TX Tim.
Show those "Spoggies" (as we used to call them in the UK), who is boss. 👍
Bet you couldn't hit them with the bow though. :mrgreen:

p.s.
The wife wants to know if you've any pics on the Bearskin rug! :o
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 am

GrandadG wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:11 pm
zingpow wrote:

Great stuff with the TX Tim.
Show those "Spoggies" (as we used to call them in the UK), who is boss. 👍
Bet you couldn't hit them with the bow though. :mrgreen:

p.s.
The wife wants to know if you've any pics on the Bearskin rug! :o
Bloody hell graham good to hear from you,we can cancel the collection for flowers now :twisted:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
zingpow

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:38 pm

sorry for the graphic post there folks, not trying to offend anyone but it's been awhile and i forget there are other places to post about pest control...but the rifle is great, the triumph rocket 3 is great, two fine pieces of british manufacturing living the good life in the caring hands of the zinger himself...and i do take care of my stuff...i use spray wax and cotton towels to debug it every time i get back from a ride and is want for nothing...new rear tire on it's way along with a new oil filter and some other bits...no chain to dick with and i love that...

but i digress, the tx200 is phenomenal...i take it apart and grease it and check the seals when the notion hits...smooth as silk...again the rws-54 does a great job but the tx is my go to air gun...took 3 raccoons out the night before last as they were tearing up the bird feeding station i spent two weeks building...thought it was raccoon proof but they are a determined lot...got them with the 17hmr which i would recommend to anyone that shoots powder, highly accurate and devastating...

just thinking about all this makes me want to go buck naked on a bear skin rug...

my best to you all...zing of the colonies...

Blackbaronfish

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

The Hmr is one heck of a thump and one to have in your stable. 17 grains of pure muscle .... just love mine

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
neil

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:43 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
What a sick post.

Ive had enough of this.
not everyone here uses their air guns for target shooting, some do pest control and different countries have different ideas as to what counts as a pest, for me the only thing that matters is that the kills are clean and legal

no avatar
zingpow

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:31 pm

neil...anyone that has shot tens of thousands of pellets that says EVERY quarry he has taken with a pellet has been a perfect humane shot is lying...that being said i've been bow hunting deer for 40 years give or take and i have never "stuck" (non-kill shot) a deer, ever...i don't take "wing shots" at anything, every time i squeeze the trigger or release an arrow it is sight on and on the exhale...with deer it has to be broad side with his front leg stepping forward for a perfect double lung shot, i have never had to track a deer more than 50 yards from where it stood at impact...

birds are another matter as i have shot literally thousands of them, so many brown headed cowbirds that i see very few in my patch these days even when the bluebirds are nesting, they are nest parasites, and the invasive species especially house sparrows and european starlings...house (english) sparrows are easy but starlings move constantly especially when on the ground with their erratic movement, and mostly never stand still even when in the mulberry trees...but i'll say with conviction that rarely have i had to put a second pellet into a bird...

all fur bearing animals are one shots with either a pellet gun or the 17hmr...again, i wait for the shot and will watch a target walk away before taking a bad shot...zing, great white hunter...