update on triumph rocket 3...

no avatar
zingpow

update on triumph rocket 3...

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 pm

i have my cbr1000rr up for sale, sad but true, it's time...bought this triumph last autumn to flip and decided to keep it and it's phenomenal if only a little big for my 150lb carcass and short arms and legs...put a "breakaway" throttle lock on it for an upcoming trip but it was expensive, half what it cost would be high, but it works and will give my right arm a welcome respite...installed a ram mount for my iphone and ran a dual usb box up to the handlebars...highway pegs up front on the engine guards...64oz thermos tank for refreshment on the go...

i live in southern michigan almost to ohio...i'm heading north up over the bridge to the upper peninsula then west to iron mountain or there about, maybe make it to rhinelander wisconsin...overnight and on to minneapolis the next day...threading the rain all the way, 800 miles almost on the nut each way...640 miles around chicago but no thanks, it's a white knuckler all the way around there with 4-5 lanes of bumper to bumper suicide drivers and worse...

i would like to make note of the excellent workmanship of the rocket 3, it is an absolute dream on the road...nice exhaust note but not loud, much like an older car w/o catalytic converter...this is going to be my ride for the foreseeable future...and it breezes past harleys like they're parked in front of a cheap bar, don't even have to drop a gear just a healthy twist of the throttle...great bike...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

Blackbaronfish

Re: update on triumph rocket 3...

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 pm

It’s great to hear your still living the dream on the highway.
Have you done any hunting of late?,I often think about the deer you’ve taken with the bow
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Re: update on triumph rocket 3...

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 pm
It’s great to hear your still living the dream on the highway.
Have you done any hunting of late?,I often think about the deer you’ve taken with the bow
i haven't taken a deer in two years but probably will this autumn...and i don't exactly "hunt" anymore, getting up at 4am to be in the stand by the very crack of dawn for a "maybe" shot doesn't work for me anymore as my years grow ever shorter...i now "shoot" deer, which is to say i lure them into within shooting range and just whack them...i still use a bow and arrow but with no large intestine to "store" my food it's a crap shoot (pun intended) as to how long i would be able to be in the stand...so i "hunt" from my shooting window in the den...i'm still a picky shooter, bucks only and 2.5 years old...nice 6-8 point young still tender buck...yep, this year...late october early november...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money