owning a british motorcycle...

no avatar
zingpow

Re: owning a british motorcycle...

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 am

when i'm at the gym and guys make mention of my bikes (juh ride yer bike in taday?) i ask them what they ride and none of them do, they're usual response being that they're wives won't let them, "old lady would leave me if i bought a motorcycle", "so, whatch waiting for" is my response...i own two bikes the rocket 3 and a cbr1000rr...i have a grumman sport boat with motor and trailer i don't use but keep because i like looking at it as reminds me of my younger days on the river...basement full of fishing and hunting gear and a room full of motorcycle helmets, leather, textile and mesh ce rated jackets, full leather and leather/mesh ce rated pants...dainese, alpinestars, joe rocket, icon...i have two shoei rf1100 helmets (got one new with the rocket 3) a scorpion, one harley davidson half helmet (for my daughter) a dirt bike helmet for my grandson and a couple more that made their way to the top bunk over the years...i don't spend much time thinking about the past as i'm trying to fill up what future i have left...see you in the passing lane...zing of the road...

ps...and i find time to shoot most every day...the tx200 is still my go to rifle but the rws54 doesn't collect any dust either...jsb exacts have quadrupled in price since i started shooting but i'm not paying college tuition anymore...and yeah, i should sell the boat motor and trailer, and some of the high end fly rods down there, but who has the time...zing the dad and granddad...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
zingpow

Re: owning a british motorcycle...

Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 am

Finally got a couple days warm enough to ride and the rocket 3 is as advertised...it’s no firebird but I absolutely smoke Harleys, with or without the noisy “blaaaaaa blaaaaaa, blaaaaaa aftermarket exhausts...this might be the bike I go off into the sunset on...I like it...zing of the wild frontier...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money