A kids smile.

Timmytree

A kids smile.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 pm

My youngest lad has learning difficulties, he's not interested in sport, not really ready to learn to shoot but at 14 he's over 6ft tall and getting teenager issues.
I recently suggested we try fishing even though I gave up years ago. My eldest son still has all the gear so this evening we visited a local lake hoping to catch a few just for the experience.
We got to the lake at about 5-30, My eldest (Jim) set up 2 carp rods for himself, 1 carp rod and a little float rod for little brother(M) I was delegated to teamaking.
While I was brewing 1 of the buzzers went and Jim connected with a fish but lost it within a minute, that's fishing!
Minutes later M's buzzer went off, With instruction he picked up the rod and struck into it, reel handle went backwards, line everywhere, chaos! After a few minutes Jim had it sorted and the fish was still on. M played it well for his first attempt, lots of coaxing and great instruction from big brother, me taking pics of the pair of them and a few of the fish breaking the surface.
With me on net duty the fish was landed safely, M's first fish! 4lb 15oz of beautiful mirror carp.
More pics of him holding it, releasing it, smiling and laughing, more animated and excited than I've seen in a long time. I had a real lump in my throat. He had a big hug from both of us!
Then it was time for lessons in casting, at this point I left them to it and shot off to get fish and chips, we ate that lot sat in the sun, fresh tea and in the most beautiful surroundings.
We finished just before dark with M having caught 5 small perch on float fished maggot, handled maggots, hooked himself, his chair and just about every plant within 10 yards but still smiling.
Now he's tucked up in bed while I relax with a beer and a vape. A lovely end to a bad week, roll on next time!
I really will have to master posting pics!

Blackbaronfish

Re: A kids smile.

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Brilliant post and quality time had by all 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:30 pm

:D :D your post made me smile :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
billywhizz

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Timmy, well done mate, it made him smile and you enjoyed it ,it made me smile and feel that family life has not died yet and the simple times family share are the best . thanks for -sharing this with us and sharing the warm glow I felt reading it..