Knife collection...

no avatar
Bunny Bagger

Knife collection...

Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:56 pm

knives.jpg
knives.jpg (103.82 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
My father in law passed away some time ago now - just getting around to clearing his bits and bobs and came across this lot, they'll have been up in his loft for well over thirty years and as you can see... some are in worse condition than others. Once again the picture posting has got the better of me, there was a time long ago it seems now, when the first edition of the AAOC was running I could post pictures with my eyes closed :):):). I will try to contact Ray (ADMIN) and see if he would be so kind as to add the pictures to this post.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Knife collection...

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:48 pm

What a nice find 8-) They will clean up just nicely leaving a nice petina.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Nice .... Especially the 3 daggers. Daggers always get me really interested because there is only one use for them! :o
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Remember when boys could walk around with one on their belt? These days there's probably only the pen knife that is carry legal. I tried to buy a replacement for my swiss army 2 blader and Ebay seems to have banned all knives except the kitchen variety. Not much else on line anywhere.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Raj wrote:Nice .... Especially the 3 daggers. Daggers always get me really interested because there is only one use for them! :o

Yep they is for daggering stuff :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:Remember when boys could walk around with one on their belt? These days there's probably only the pen knife that is carry legal. I tried to buy a replacement for my swiss army 2 blader and Ebay seems to have banned all knives except the kitchen variety. Not much else on line anywhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Novelty-Bal ... SwXshWqzVX
Hay pete ,ive found you a pen knife :) :mrgreen:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:43 pm

eboswan wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Novelty-Bal ... SwXshWqzVX
Hay pete ,ive found you a pen knife :) :mrgreen:

yay! :lol:

no avatar
FPoole

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:22 am

Military daggers can be quite valuable and you never know what you have. See if you can find a knife show, if you all have them, and let some one give you an idea of what you have. The collectors of knives, over here, are very helpful and honest. My first love is old CaseXX knives, but I only have a few very nice examples. Folding knives, made by Case between 1940 and 1964 are my favorites. They can reach into the $10,000+ range for the right one. My best is an early 40's model #6165 valued at over $700. Condition is everything and factory fresh is most desirable. That is the problem, finding a mint knife that's 70 years old. The Sheffield cutlers did some absolutely amazing knives in their time. Many of the presentation pieces are near priceless.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Amber Rudd just announced flick knives will soon be illegal to posess AT HOME!

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:Remember when boys could walk around with one on their belt? These days there's probably only the pen knife that is carry legal. I tried to buy a replacement for my swiss army 2 blader and Ebay seems to have banned all knives except the kitchen variety. Not much else on line anywhere.

Have a butchers on this site matey. Just about every knife you could want in there. ;) ;)

https://www.heinnie.com/