tower blocks evacuated

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

tower blocks evacuated

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Oh come on :roll: what a total over reaction, over 800 family's need too be rehoused asap.
I'm sure it would be easier and cheaper too park a fire engine out side each block of flats rather than move all those family I bet a lot of them are not happy about it,i would not be.
The fire in the Grenfell tower was awful and it must never be repeated but just get on with removing the cladding rather than running about making knee jerk reactions.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
GrandadG

Re: tower blocks evacuated

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Great idea Bri
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
143granville

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:06 pm

better fire alarms ,and sprinklers .

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:31 pm

143granville wrote:better fire alarms ,and sprinklers .

That's too far simple.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
neil

Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:52 pm

massive amounts of noise over sprinklers but can any of the wise ones shouting for them answer this, the problem is the cladding (which should never have been used in the first place if there was any doubt over its flamibility), how is a sprinkler system going to help when the fire is outside, climbing up the walls, burning out the windows and allowing the fumes from the burning cladding in to kill the occupants with CO and other toxic gasses, this is just another kneejerk pisstake that will not fix the problem but will end up costing a bloody fortune with no advantage, what should be happening is ALL cladding that can burn is removed as soon as practically possible

no avatar
143granville

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:06 pm

I agree cladding should be first ,
but sprinklers would put the fire out .
prevention of fire getting hold is the way to go .

no avatar
neil

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 pm

143granville wrote:I agree cladding should be first ,
but sprinklers would put the fire out .
prevention of fire getting hold is the way to go .

so how will that work, fit the sprinklers all over the outside? the fire that's started all this obsession with them was on the outside of the building, it may have started inside one of the flats but if there was cladding of the same type the result would have been the same

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:13 am

It's suggested the Hotpoint fridge freezer was near an open window when it burst into flames and lit the soft core of the cladding like a touch paper. Unlikely a sprinkler would have got to the gap between source of fire and window. I wouldnt want to spray water on an electrical fire either. Simplistic solutions are being put around by lefties. Just listen to the accusations of "murder" by peopke who should have more sense.

I am imagining some doped up party goer with a cig lighter on the top floor corridor playing silly beggars with a sprinkler head. Flood! Fire alarms were frequently set off by kids in the past and probably taken out in many instances. Where we are is where vandals and antisocial teenagers have led us.