Bump start a disc cutter!

Timmytree

Bump start a disc cutter!

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 pm

I bet this lad felt a fool afterwards! :mrgreen:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/searc ... 14b739f479

Didn't get the link right! Never mind, it's the one top left.

no avatar
wastrel

Re: Bump start a disc cutter!

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:56 pm

now lads, being a joiner myself I know from experience, there nowt worse than your first few weeks on site, luckily, my old dad had me forewarned, no 'skyhooks, tartan paint, left handled brushes or shovels' were gonna catch me out, oh no sirree,
Wastrel
Yes Gaffer
go up to the ironmongers shop, tell them you need a long stand
1 hour, one friggin hour the !"£$%^&* let me stand there!
funny now, I suppose. :cry:
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
granville

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:16 pm

funny thing years ago guy started power float the handle was spinning they had to wait till it run out of petrol.
should have held tight to the handle. :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:23 pm

I seen that happen with a diesel mixer the handle stuck and the brickie`s labourer tried too remove it with a shovel :shock: the only thing that was removed were his teeth when the handle did come free :shock: :o
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
granville

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:29 pm

seen many handles wizzing round no dare to go near .

Geordie

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 pm

We had a new lad working with us doing some concrete shuttering. He must had a bad time as a new kid on another job, so he wasn't going to be fooled by us. Sad thing was we were too busy to do any clowning around. We sent him to the site office for some Hilti nails. He took exception to this and told us there wasn't such a thing. The more we assured him there were such things, the more angry he became with us. He ended up squaring up to one of the lads who was built like a brick sh*t house. We actually had to sack him on the spot he was that bad!

He had around a 6 mile journey home , literally, on his push bike! :?
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
Outandabout

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Years ago we had a cocky apprentice, heavy plant fitter (diggers, land scrapers etc)working with us. He once wore a new pair of safety boots with highly polished steel toe caps to work. Bragging about how they had oil resistant soles heat resistant uppers etc, etc. So we held the little fxxxxr down and welded a small bar from toe cap to toe cap. He was not a happy bunny. It took him hours to grind itoff and polish them up again.
Looking back its a miracle we never burnt his feet badly. BUT he deserved it. :D :D
You would be sacked on the spot now for this type of horse play.
Kevin

Raj

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 am

Left hand hammer, Metric protractor :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

rogers1

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:24 pm

we had a road replacement squad in at our marine terminal.Bitelli, Planer, heavy and vibratory rollers, naked flames etc etc

You can imagine our process folk were apoplectic with terror as we are a petrochem producer so need to be duly cautious.

I was the site company man looking after this team, and to say they weren't used to working in a gas plant would be an understatement, so before they started work, much was done to educate them.
The squad leader was a right hard case & he had his nephew working for him (amongst others). said he would keep them in line....

The nephew, well, he was a little difficult. I pulled him up twice in quick succession for not wearing his helmet/glasses/gloves. He just wasn't used to it and clearly didn't like it.

I could see uncle looking sideways...

Ten minutes later nephew turned up minus two teeth and with a badly broken nose...blood from head to foot. We had to get him offsite sharpish.

problem solved?
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....