Four working days left....

rogers1

Re: Four working days left....

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:52 pm

zingpow wrote:I'm doing the math here and something isn't right...you worked for 42 years and you're retiring...that means you broke some child labor laws 42 years ago and you're retiring early...you must have started your job when you were 7 being as you're only 49 now...personally i haven't aged since I was 16...I've slowed down a bit but inside still beats the heart of a kid that runs wild in the woodlands much as he did 50 years ago but my digestive system isn't what it used to be so my forays into the unexplored territories are somewhat limited in scope and magnitude...

the best to you Duncan...I have a great sling shot design I've been working on these past few decades, let me know if you are hunting red deer and i'll send it along to you...you must surely have some old airgun springs in a drawer some where...zing of the ages...

Cheers for that Zing, and I bloody wish I was only 49!

Just completed day two of my training and also did my assessment (& passed flyingly) I shall now cross train as a sea angling coach as well. Loads of scope up here and some really good schools programmes on the go. So loads to do!
I also have a slingshot lying in my man cave half finished, which will be getting completed and armed with double Gold Thera Band.....

And the roe deer will be getting some attention soon. ;)

Duncan, of the four working days 'til I retire...
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
zingpow

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:35 pm

rogers1 wrote:
zingpow wrote:I'm doing the math here and something isn't right...you worked for 42 years and you're retiring...that means you broke some child labor laws 42 years ago and you're retiring early...you must have started your job when you were 7 being as you're only 49 now...personally i haven't aged since I was 16...I've slowed down a bit but inside still beats the heart of a kid that runs wild in the woodlands much as he did 50 years ago but my digestive system isn't what it used to be so my forays into the unexplored territories are somewhat limited in scope and magnitude...

the best to you Duncan...I have a great sling shot design I've been working on these past few decades, let me know if you are hunting red deer and i'll send it along to you...you must surely have some old airgun springs in a drawer some where...zing of the ages...

Cheers for that Zing, and I bloody wish I was only 49!

Just completed day two of my training and also did my assessment (& passed flyingly) I shall now cross train as a sea angling coach as well. Loads of scope up here and some really good schools programmes on the go. So loads to do!
I also have a slingshot lying in my man cave half finished, which will be getting completed and armed with double Gold Thera Band.....

And the roe deer will be getting some attention soon. ;)

Duncan, of the four working days 'til I retire...

you da man...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
ajg40

Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Congratulations on your retirement and passing the angling course.
Enjoy yourself.
How are you getting on with your camera?

Anthony

rogers1

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:57 pm

ajg40 wrote:Congratulations on your retirement and passing the angling course.
Enjoy yourself.
How are you getting on with your camera?

Anthony

Camera is brilliant. A lot more versatile than I am anyway. I have a great deal to learn!

cat wars..... check the wee ones razors on display!

rogers1

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:00 am

Was out last night for a dinner with work colleagues and my wife.

I felt NO pain!

I was suitably guttered :D

Andy-K2

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 am

Duncan, your 4 days must be up by now so I for one wish you the very best in your retirement and congratulations on passing your fishing coach instructors course.
Very best wishes, and may I add, "lucky git" :D
Andy
"Whatever""Whenever" The codes of friendship.
Be kinder than necessary, every one you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

TX200 Mk3 .177 (of course) Hawke EV 3-9x50 MAP6. TBT.
HW100T .177 Hawke Sidewinder 30 SF 3-12x50 1/2 Milldot