Remember Charlotte?

Raj

Remember Charlotte?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:16 pm

One for the veterans off the old forum, really.

A few years ago, we had a lady member join the old AAOC. Her forum name (and as it happens, her real name) is Charlotte. She came in with requests for help and comments on her TDR. A good sport, not one to hold back on the banter, she was a welcome breeze in the otherwise smelly old man's world of air rifles. Unfortunately, like a lot of other good folk, we lost her when the forum collapsed.

Well, what do you know? A few months ago, I posted about doing a show-and-tell to fellow cyclists at a local Cycling Forum Meet. Paul, Neil and Mason brought in some targets (which I will bring along to our next Meet to return). I thought I was going to have to do it all on my own and was pleasantly surprised when this lady I had met at a previous version of the same cycling meet also turned up with her rifles and targets. She and I worked together to make the whole thing a good success. Well, I attended the same group's Autumn Meet last weekend and got talking to the lady who was doing a Show an Tell on cameras and portrait photography this time. She obviously knew her stuff .... and then I twigged .... this was indeed the same Charlotte that we have seen and communicated with on the old AAOC !!! It was hilarious discovering that we had known each other from two separate internet forums with a gap of a couple of years between each one.

Her is a picture of us from last week.... Turns out she is great with 3 x shooting activities - Camera / air rifles / cross bow. Hoping she joins us here again. 8-)

Here she is in May this year with a baseball hat on - 4th from left just behind the chappy in the orange cycling top,

“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Re: Remember Charlotte?

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Well what do you know :mrgreen: . Is Charlotte joining us again I wonder. It's a very small community we live in.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:35 am

I remember the user name.....just because she abandoned us once ;) it doesn't mean shes not welcome back :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I'll ask ... Would be a real good laugh at our next Meet. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"