this is how a forum should be

Geordie

Re: this is how a forum should be

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:10 pm

eddie666 wrote:is it so wrong , to say how nice this new forum is ,

Nope! Nothing wrong with that at all. But you didn't say that exactly, you said it was better than the old forum. That may be true for yourself, but I think you'll ruffle a few feathers saying so. A bit of a naive comment to make from a newbie, so you'll get a pass from me I suppose but don't assume that as the forum has a new look and we've had to re-register again that the old forum history is dead n buried. ;) :)

Folk had a lot of time and love invested in the old forum. ;)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
zingpow

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:14 pm

makes me want to go buck naked on a bearskin rug...zing of the wild frontier...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

james79

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:51 pm

eboswan wrote:
eddie666 wrote:just to say this new forum club is how a forum should be , HAS ANY ONE ELSE NOTICED

NO, HAVING A GO AT PEOPLE
NO , SMARMY COMMENTS
NO, PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN
NO, GANGING UP ON PEOPLES VIEWS
LOTS OF HELPFUL FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND COMMENTS.

A VERY NICE PLACE TO BE , THANKS TO YOU ALL , SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT WAS HAPPENING ON THE OLD FORUM.

THANKS AGAIN EDDIE666

this sounds nothing like the old aaoc I don't know how you can pass judgement on the old aaoc when you`ve barely been a member for 2 minutes......before you say I`m having a go,being smarmy,or putting you down I`m not I`m also not looking for a row I just think we must be reading a different forum

I totally agree with eboswans sentiment there, I've been on a number of shooting forums as well as a few biker ones and would have to say the AAOC is by far and away the most welcoming and friendly of all of them in both its current and previous form. Yes there is a bit of friendly banter and of course when people strongly believe in something they will fight their corner but at least on the AAOC you tend to get a reasoned debate rather than just a slanging match. I'm also a relative newcomer to the site but all I can say is long may it continue in either its present form or preferably the former if the dedicated admin team can resurrect it and its irreplaceable wealth of information :) Long live the AAOC 8-)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

eddie666

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:54 pm

your right i did not know all the old forum , and i should not of said better than the old forum, ( as i did not know it all that well as i am a newbie )
but i was referring to how well people help each other on this new forum with out being condensing or criticizing.

by the way , when do you stop being a newbie , i have not got many years left in me, or do i have to wait until some one dies.
and do you get a prize ,
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
Outandabout

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:08 pm

Sometimes it take a fresh pair of eyes to see something obvious. I have only been a member for 15 months but I must admit this site is different from the the old 1. Not saying if better or worse but it has a different "feel" about it. Its growing on me the more I use it. I dont know if as many people are using this site as did the old 1. Some of the longer serving members who you saw posting on the old site dont seem to be as prolific as they were?
Maybe if the old site is resurrected the two sites could be merged in some form. Obviously this would need a lot of work for somebody and as i am not a computer boffin it would need to be somebody other than me :D .
I dont think anybody like change - but over time changes are often seen as for the better.
PHEW thats my two penneth worth anyway. :D :D
Cheers
Kevin

Geordie

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 pm

eddie666 wrote:by the way , when do you stop being a newbie

When you stop making naive posts based upon your knowledge of the AAOC ;)

eddie666 wrote:n this new forum with out being condensing or criticizing.

And again, your way off the mark. Most folk on here give good honest free advice from experience. Maybe they came over as condescending or critical because what you were saying was against what the forum masses thought?

Most forums have a hard core of members that have ended up there through a common train of thought on most airgun beliefs. If you come along and go against said beliefs, your going to get answers/thoughts that you may find condescending or critical to your own beliefs.

What I'm trying to say is, you have to fit in with other folks that have been on here a good while. That rarely happens over night. 8-)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:50 am

eddie666 wrote:your right i did not know all the old forum , and i should not of said better than the old forum, ( as i did not know it all that well as i am a newbie )
but i was referring to how well people help each other on this new forum with out being condensing or criticizing.

by the way , when do you stop being a newbie , i have not got many years left in me, or do i have to wait until some one dies.
and do you get a prize ,

first lets get something straight, I'm the old prick around here, if you want to complain get in line...

second you stop being a newbie when we forget your name like everyone else...and don't let old what's his name up there give you a hard time, he's just a young un and still wet behind the ears...

lastly yes you get a prize...one of the admin will bring it to your house and deliver it in the middle of the night with a small jar of medicated Vaseline...sleep well and prosper...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

eddie666

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 am

does it have to be medicated ??? ky jelly would be ok and cheaper,
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
peters410

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 pm

It takes strong moderators to keep a forum on the right path, ones that can keep the unpleasant people under control or tell them they are not wanted here. I've been a member of this forum for less than a week though I was aware of the old AAOC forum and looked in occasionally. After I got my S410 carbine I thought I might be good to join this forum. However, I was unaware that this is a new forum when I joined, so far I would say it feels like a pleasant place to visit each evening. Yes there isn't much in the way of old threads to read but so far I've enjoyed reading all of your posts.

Surely it is possible to disagree without the use of insults and it is far more effective and satisfying to win your argument with facts and by logic. In fact argument makes the forum interesting, take scopes for example, I don't like variables much and scopes with high magnification, built in range finders and other add-ons not at all. I sure most of you would take a different view on the matter, fair enough but I have my reasons for my view just as you, no doubt, have valid reasons for use of these big scopes. I have a TX200 which I found far too heavy for rabbit and rat shooting in my opinion. I've put a bigger scope on it and use for target shooting and now keep my S410 carbine with it's Rhodesian sling and a Harris bipod for hunting.

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 pm

eddie666 wrote:just to say this new forum club is how a forum should be , HAS ANY ONE ELSE NOTICED

NO, HAVING A GO AT PEOPLE
NO , SMARMY COMMENTS
NO, PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN
NO, GANGING UP ON PEOPLES VIEWS
LOTS OF HELPFUL FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND COMMENTS.

A VERY NICE PLACE TO BE , THANKS TO YOU ALL , SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT WAS HAPPENING ON THE OLD FORUM.

THANKS AGAIN EDDIE666

I think you may have gotten mixed up between the old forum and Pigeon Watch forum eddie... ;) ;) :lol: