Roger5

Re: Non posters

Wed May 25, 2016 6:33 pm

On the referendum am voting out, but on this am not so sure. Rog

no avatar
wastrel

Wed May 25, 2016 7:26 pm

when I see a name I don`t recognise & summit for sale I always check their joining date & feel a bit miffed if they`re a newbie, seemingly only joining to flog something, other than that, phew, glad I`m not a mod`!
would an application to join be the answer? folks must state their reason for joining, then accepted (or not)
after all, a newbie or less experienced shooter may just be on here for tips on shooting, also, I remember someone having a right old go at me when I posted about line of sight & pellet travel etc etc he got so left field on the subject other members had a go at him & backed up my right to simply come on here & post a question, his posts were removed from the thread, another got so mad at the old up/down aim thing he eventually apologised to me (I assume mod`s had a hand in that one-cheers guys)
OK, it was the old forum & we`re the AAOC so that doesn`t happen often, but nippers, newbies & just decent people I suppose, seeing behaviour like that would deffo be put off posting!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Gnome of the Woods

Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Just because someone doesn't post means nothing, there were members with very few posts at the meet. And I have met loads of members over the years that don't post but get a lot from the forum.
You cannot force people to post, I would rather someone post nothing or one or two quality posts than a load of drivel.
Even at its height this place only really had 50/60 regular contributors, and there are so many more airgun forums now than then.
It's very unfortunate that the forum suffered the technical difficulties when it changed ownership, and now with Julians illness.
To get more posts you need to increase the membership by a much larger amount, maybe advertising on all the other airgun forums?
Artist formally know as Gnome of the Woods

Raj

Wed May 25, 2016 10:27 pm

I often worry that I will get banned for posting too much ............................ :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
neil

Wed May 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Raj wrote:I often worry that I will get banned for posting too much ............................ :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:
keep posting, just post the table leg stock to me, that will definitley be enough to keep me happy with the forum

no avatar
ajg40

Fri May 27, 2016 5:05 pm

I have not logged in for a while as been otherwise occupied. I don't post if I don't think I can add to comments already made. Would not like to be removed for lack of posting as find the forum interesting and helpful.
Anthony

bgaltd

Fri May 27, 2016 5:57 pm

i think what Ray is talking about is the members who joined in Feb last year and haven't logged in again since . there's about 10 pages of them .

i don't think anyone is worried about people who don't post often but do log in every now and then :-).

no avatar
rhogg4696

Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 am

I think it is not about whether someone posts or not but whether they log in at all. So remove members who have not logged in for a year, say. How many people go on holiday for a year? And if they do I want their lifestyle. :)

no avatar
Bunny Bagger

Sat May 28, 2016 9:54 am

Yes, only if they have never made a post. Most come on here and join to access the for sale section then are never heard of again !

Sake-san

Sat May 28, 2016 6:18 pm

bgaltd wrote:i think what Ray is talking about is the members who joined in Feb last year and haven't logged in again since . there's about 10 pages of them .

i don't think anyone is worried about people who don't post often but do log in every now and then :-).

Firstly it's nice to see you back, I sincerely hope that you are feeling much better and well on the road to a complete recovery.
Frankly, for people that have not even logged on for 12 months I would just delete, non-posters I see no real issue with per se. For sales access I would put in place something along the lines of... only after 25 posts (or decide a criteria but, don't publish it, this seems to work well on another site). "Access to sales shall be activated after the moderators have observed a sufficient level and, or quality of active forum participation".
A very good weekend to you.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun