Where did the weekend go?

no avatar
Big Dog

Where did the weekend go?

Sun May 08, 2016 7:44 pm

It's Sunday night already - had the weekend off and I don't know where the hell it's gone. Didn't get half the things done that I had planned and didn't manage to get out to the range Saturday. Roll on my next day off!!!

no avatar
Outandabout

Re: Where did the weekend go?

Sun May 08, 2016 9:51 pm

I think they should extend the weekend. Thursday till Tuesday. Still i probably would not get everything done.
Kevin

no avatar
Aitch

Mon May 09, 2016 5:46 am

I retired 18 years ago, spent 12 years cruising around the countries canals in a Narrow boat, been back in the house for 3 years and I still have things to do around the house, where does the time go? I only get to shoot 4 days a week,
and no, I am not complaining :D :D :D

Blackbaronfish

Mon May 09, 2016 7:29 am

Aitch wrote:I retired 18 years ago, spent 12 years cruising around the countries canals in a Narrow boat, been back in the house for 3 years and I still have things to do around the house, where does the time go? I only get to shoot 4 days a week,
and no, I am not complaining :D :D :D

Oh yes the 12 till 1 with an hours dinner break :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Falconhoof

Mon May 09, 2016 11:48 am

I used to work allmost every Saturday morning and I'd be well paid for doing so. this year Ive stopped doing it and dont regret it for a moment. Its a canny lump of cash Im doing without but I wouldnt go back to it even though it was only a few hours work.
This weekend I watched Sunderland beat Chelsea to hopefully clinch our survival in the Premiership whilst relegating our local rivals. Out for a family meal and a few drinks on the night. Sunday was a day out at the Northern shooting show with my youngest son where we also shot The Masters series. The venue was superb and a great day out. Later on in the evening I nipped out and caught my first ever carp.
The start of a backshift looms now and I'm shattered from the weekend but what a great weekend it was :D

Timmytree

Mon May 09, 2016 2:26 pm

It did go a bit quick!
BBQ on Friday night with my youngest, dog walking on Saturday and another BBQ, beers and cards, more dog walking on sunday with a picnic on the hills and a quick dip in the sea at Lilstock. Just enough time left to do the washing at that was it!