The EU

Blackbaronfish

The EU

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:06 am

Well what do you think...in or out.
I see so many free magazines and papers that state that we would be silly to leave :o

What are your thoughts

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
neil

Re: The EU

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 am

most if not all of the people who are writing the articles in this government b/s have never actually worked a day in their life and are hoping beyond hope that recent immigrants who can vote will want to stay in to keep the borders open, there has been some things on forums stating how much every household receives from them every year but there is no mention of how much you have to give them first, its all very well the pm saying he`s negotiating on our behalf but before the twat signs anything he should state whats on offer and leave it for us to vote on it, I say get out as fast as possible, we voted years ago to enter a common trading bloc, not the EU federation that's as corrupt as FIFA but not half as accountable

Katzenjammer

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 am

I had a letter from HM R&C recently that showed where my tax money went each year. £9 of my money went to the EU. Not a lot really. I'm undecided and I am not sure that the ordinary people understand or could ever understand the benefits of being in or out. The subject is too complex for most. You can argue you do know the full facts pro and con - I wouldn't believe you. I worked in government on the Single Market campaign and had a reasonable grasp of that. The misconceptions that where running round then from business and the man in the street were beyond belief and much fuelled by the press and the ignorant! It will be no different now.

The government and some others knew what we were stepping into then. I doubt they could guess what we might be stepping into if we leave. If we stay in we need to get the many other groups in other countries to work with us and together to stop the creation of a state within a state and all the other things that are wrong with the EU! That is a German/French thing in the main. I do know there are many anti EU federalisation groups across Europe - we never seem to work together nor they with us. We are too reserved and that's where our problem lies, many countries have exploited European membership and ensured they got their whack in aid and grants. Bet there's EU grants available for flood defences but the inept unprofessional local councils and suchlike had and have no idea on how to go about getting it! I know this because I worked on EU funding for a while.

I'd rather pay my £9 to the EU than my national or local taxes to unmarried mothers with strings of kids, the shysters who won't work ever and all the other scum draining our coffers and putting little or nothing in. This letter says I contribute £365 a year to that!
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
gary martin

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 pm

i would like some unbiased detail, as of yet i have heard little to nothing. the norm really when we get an important decision to make. nearer the date we shall have scare mongering from both sides.