when a waste of space gets ME brownie points?

no avatar
wastrel

when a waste of space gets ME brownie points?

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:01 pm

after our local authority fitted a new bathroom suit in our home, we were SO disappointed, we ripped out the 15" deep `eco bath` that would`ve had goldfish suing us for overcrowding had we put them in it, bought our own, a new shower, re-sited the sink, fitted the toilet pan so the door didn`t hit it & could open properly (honestly!) plastic wall panelling at over a ton a sheet, floor tiles, re-plastered & painted the lot, cost us the thick end of 4K, I sheet thee not gents!
some of you may remember just a year ago I replaced the worktops in our new kitchen, ok, our bad that one, black anything you`ll use wear or drive (trust me) is a bad idea, anyhoo, the gaffer was complaining how NOTHING fits into this new kitchen, neither shelves nor spray bottles nor pot`s `n pans or just everyday things you keep in drawers were all crammed in to the seemingly odd sized spaces, I mean, it all fitted before right?
so, with a week off, I took a look at this kitchen for the first time at what the problem really was, I`ll start with the drawers shall I-
mine are 4" longer & 2" deeper! (THAT`LL be a first ;) )
a wall unit wouldn`t close one door cos it hit our plates?? when I removed the 15mm backboard & plastic screwfix thingy`s holding it, cut the new shelve to fit right behind the doors instead of 25mm back, the door now closes & the shelve`s 45mm deeper!
removing the backboard from the base units gave us 5" wider shelves, 5" FFS, now all`s back to normal, (OK, 4 of 6 drawers to go yet but hey, getting there)
every time I get something seemingly for nowt off them, it cost`s me a ruddy fortune or god knows how long to sort out!
still gents, brownie points are brownie points, ;) ;)
Last edited by wastrel on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Timmytree

Re: when a waste of space gets ME brownie points?

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Very true, and brownie points mean regular legovers so keep going!! :mrgreen: