Disposable

Geordie

Disposable

Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Im not sure I like the world the way it is these days. Consumerism full pelt, seems to be the norm these days, you buy a telly for instance and your asked if you'd like to take out extended warranty. WTF! You've just spent a half hour telling me how good this TV is, now your telling me it probably wont last for five years :?

Dirt cheap electronics do my nut in! £70 for a DVD player that is cheaper to bin than repair after a years use if your lucky. I'd rather buy summat for a fair price that I know is going to last a bit longer than 12 months. I despise the rat race, clambering over anyone just to get up a rung on the ladder!

The reason for my wee rant is that both my daughter and youngest boy have just been given their notice from their employers, Our Amanda has worked shitty hours for Tesco for the past six months starting at 5 AM and my son has worked for Greggs in between his uni commitments. A crappy letter saying thanks for your time, and merry fookin xmas! cnuts the lot of them! I'm fookin livid at the timing of their demise as working people. :twisted:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Disposable

Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Ive only had my mobile phone for a short while....broke....you would think that a slight dip down the toilet wouldn't do it no harm :roll: :lol:

I was told today (by a manager at sainsburys)that asda are going too court too try and open christmas day in the near future
What ashame that would be if they were too win
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geordie

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:00 pm

eboswan wrote:you would think that a slight dip down the toilet wouldn't do it no harm

Fraid Knot old bean :lol: :lol: :lol: Im sure they rig em that way to void the warranty for you accident prone fellas. They turn a certain colour when bathed Brian.
AA s410K .177

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Geordie wrote:
eboswan wrote:you would think that a slight dip down the toilet wouldn't do it no harm

Fraid Knot old bean :lol: :lol: :lol: Im sure they rig em that way to void the warranty for you accident prone fellas. They turn a certain colour when bathed Brian.

Yep red dot on the battery and in the phone .....never mind ive only got 18 months left on the contract :lol: :lol:
S200. .177

Geordie

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:09 pm

eboswan wrote:never mind ive only got 18 months left on the contract

:o You'll pay for it in the long run. Cant get owt for nowt these days!
AA s410K .177

Blackbaronfish

Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:40 pm

I bet you get a shit signal Brian :oops: :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:02 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:I bet you get a shit signal Brian :oops: :mrgreen:

BBF

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea its taking the pizz really they're having a lav
It was a bog standard phone so im not too upset :lol:
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Holy crap. Bogof (buy one get one free) deals to be had.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Katzenjammer

Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 am

Geordie wrote:The reason for my wee rant is that both my daughter and youngest boy have just been given their notice from their employers, Our Amanda has worked shitty hours for Tesco for the past six months starting at 5 AM and my son has worked for Greggs in between his uni commitments. A crappy letter saying thanks for your time, and merry fookin xmas! cnuts the lot of them! I'm fookin livid at the timing of their demise as working people. :twisted:

Prats. I and others could tell you a story or two about Greggs but best not to in open forum ;) Hope they find something else Gordon - Lidl and Aldi seem to be expanding all the time and I heard are set to take on more staff at existing outlets across the UK.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Raj

Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:16 pm

I feel sorry for the kids, Geordie but it is a fact of life these days. Come the year end, they will reduce numbers to make the books look good. It is nothing personal though it will certainly feel that way. And no, I am not taking their side or condoning it but every corporate organisation I know get the brown envelopes out this time of the year. :|
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"