there`s nowt like being honest, well done Sake.

no avatar
wastrel

there`s nowt like being honest, well done Sake.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:59 pm

reading Sake`s post just now reminded me of honesty, if the late gentleman`s guns are valuable, the lady will receive what they are worth, very admirable Sake.
reminded me of my own honesty &, well, sometimes I just despair at human nature!
my dad grew up playing guitar, we had old B&W pictures of my parents, late teens/early 20`s camping with friends in the early 60`s with my dad playing a Hohner `F` hole acoustic guitar he`d had since he was about 12, the gentleman in the photo`s swapped my dad`s guitar for his electric guitar when dad was drunk, mum was furious, but over the years they kept in touch with the couple & knew they were living in Kilmarnock, SW Scotland about 50 miles away.
we heard the gentleman had passed away & I thought for a surprise for my dads 60th birthday, I`d buy back his old guitar which we`d heard was still in the lady`s possession, I travelled down there after contacting her daughter so as not to have the lady feel threatened or out, her daughter didn`t impress me much on meeting her, but, hey ho, she then couldn`t find the guitar & had no idea really what I was on about, her brother was called in (he really didn`t impress me-all slang words & torn jeans, nasty look on his face) but seemed determined to find the guitar that he too had no idea existed!
the lady herself couldn`t remember the last time she`d even seen it!, but the fella found it in the loft & it was, well, covered in dust & in need of major TLC but, I`d agreed with my brother & sisters (in case it was worth a few bob), to have the guitar valued & pay the widow the value, the Luthier concluded the guitar was serviceable, but commercially worthless, I offered the lady £100 feeling quite pleased with myself, after all, everyone`s a winner here (surely!) the son phoned & said no, the guitar on reflection, wasn`t for sale! I politely asked if £150 would make any difference, he almost floored me whe he replied, me `n my sister think £500 minimum! Dad never did get his old guitar back!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Blackbaronfish

Re: there`s nowt like being honest, well done Sake.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:10 pm

I would have ripped his head off :twisted: Feel sorry for you Dad but at least you tried 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started