Xmas

no avatar
Outandabout

Re: Xmas

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Finished work for christmas on last Tuesday, busy stocking up with food and drink Far too much for 1 day). Oldest son and his girlfriend and my mother in-law over for Christmas dinner. Then taking the mother in-law back to Cardiff 27/12. Probably stay down cardiff till after new year.
Really looking forward to it. I love christmas me :D :D :D bring it on
Kevin

no avatar
Pat g

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:
wastrel wrote:a super/turbo charger fitted to my Honda Jazz
a;)

Great car - I loved mine - a tad underpowered with 1200cc engine but great fuel consumption. Had it 6 or 7 years which is unusual for me but it was so reliable and comfy.

Well I will be working Christmas eve as most of you know. The long shift and sick of sherry and mince pie by the end of it. Rudolf can have my share, I'll have the carrots.

Don't believe a word Pat says by the way about not wanting nowt. What a load of you know whats. He won't even lend me the works van cos it has a tracker on it!

:D :D :D :D Ok ok Steve :lol: There is something Santa can bring me then . A nice triple2 either a Sako 75 or i have my eye on a nice Steyr Manlicher Pro Hunter with a set trigger :D
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
poguemahone

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Geordie wrote:Howay then.........what you lot got planned?

amble/warkworth on 23rd :D gill's brothers in cramlington for crimbo dinner :D back to stoke on 29th i think.

Geordie

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm

poguemahone wrote:

amble/warkworth on 23rd :D gill's brothers in cramlington for crimbo dinner :D back to stoke on 29th i think.

My place boxing day ;)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
gary martin

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 pm

i'm just hoping santa brings me the MFTA Winter League A Grade championship title.

no avatar
poguemahone

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Geordie wrote:
poguemahone wrote:

My place boxing day ;)

i'll try and sort summat mate, been a while ;)
you're always welcome up amble/warkworth if you're kicking about that way, or stoke for that matter :lol:

no avatar
Pat g

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:23 pm

My place boxing day ;)[/quote]
i'll try and sort summat mate, been a while ;)
you're always welcome up amble/warkworth if you're kicking about that way, or stoke for that matter :lol:[/quote]
Myself and Mrs G cruised past you a few weeks ago mate!! I had a look out for you but did'nt look as though there was anyone aboard on the twice we passed you in a fortnight :( . We headed over onto the Macclesfield for a few days and then back to our mooring at Aston Marina ;) Nice trip it was !
ATB,
pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
zippy

Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Well, me and Michelle have for the last 11 years gone away for Christmas and or new year.

We never bother Buying each other presents/gifts or any Christmas TAT, our present to each other is the holiday it makes so much sense being wined and dined on a stunning cruse ship visiting wonderful locations around the world rather than have the stress and bother of buying Gifts we don't need or really want. The holiday is just amazing and the best gift both of us could ever want spending time with each other in wonderful surroundings been wined and dinned without the stress of cooking and trying to make everyone else happy ect. We just go away and it is very nice indeed. We have been in Rome on Christmas day outside the Vatican with a bottle of bubbly WOW!.
In the Austria in Innsbruck on top of a mountain with views to die for. The Caribbean wile everyone is frozen here in dark, cold, England. Paris next to the Eiffel Tower on new years eve with champagne, we manage to get some great bargains and had a incredible time. I just think this is so stress free and is our treat we love doing this and been to some astonishing places around the world we are not interested in the latest new phone or TV, there is bugger all on the TV... traveling the world is more appealing than a PlayStation or Ipad. The wonders of the world and seeing the stunning places is our passion not all these pointless things.... :D

Happy Christmas.... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Katzenjammer

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:06 am

zippy wrote:Well, me and Michelle have for the last 11 years gone away for Christmas and or new year.

We never bother Buying each other presents/gifts or any Christmas TAT, our present to each other is the holiday it makes so much sense being wined and dined on a stunning cruse ship visiting wonderful locations around the world rather than have the stress and bother of buying Gifts we don't need or really want. The holiday is just amazing and the best gift both of us could ever want spending time with each other in wonderful surroundings been wined and dinned without the stress of cooking and trying to make everyone else happy ect. We just go away and it is very nice indeed. We have been in Rome on Christmas day outside the Vatican with a bottle of bubbly WOW!.
In the Austria in Innsbruck on top of a mountain with views to die for. The Caribbean wile everyone is frozen here in dark, cold, England. Paris next to the Eiffel Tower on new years eve with champagne, we manage to get some great bargains and had a incredible time. I just think this is so stress free and is our treat we love doing this and been to some astonishing places around the world we are not interested in the latest new phone or TV, there is bugger all on the TV... traveling the world is more appealing than a PlayStation or Ipad. The wonders of the world and seeing the stunning places is our passion not all these pointless things.... :D

Happy Christmas.... :D

Some telling comments in there mate :lol: "wined and dinned" eh - try stopping talking for a while and give me a chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not sure we will be frozen here on Christmas day this year. I was out in shirt sleeves yesterday! Xmas dinner on the patio may be the order of the day?

I think most of us actually want to make as many friends and family happy tbh even if it means we are not totally ourselves. Was not that the moral of A Christmas Carol? To care and think of others rather than self? I do agree that the latest phone, tv, playstation, ipad, sako or steyr is not necessary really as there are other ways of making others happy ;)

So where you off this year zippy? The Greek isles? Sharm el Sheik? I see Turkey, Greece, Croatia etc are advertising their tourism a lot at the moment!
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Midasi1

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:12 pm

What do I want....just.....

To welcome in Boxing Day and a considerable number of days to follow, with good health, warm clothes, a full stomach, a roof over my head, but not least my dear wife by my side....

Oh yes and 5p more than Bill Gates, PLEASE.
Why be awkward, when with a bit of effort you can be really impossible!