Anyone got a slate or two loose?

Katzenjammer

Anyone got a slate or two loose?

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:44 am

Or any other storm damage. I appear to have escaped this time bar a wooden surround for my compost bin being blown over. There's a few houses roundabout with slates or tiles lifted. A lot of fallen branches as well, here and there.

It was another wild and stormy night but thankfully it has eased so a range trip today I think and will get my bottle filled at Bob's new on site facility. I feel sorry for those flood victims over in Cumbria. You must be overwhelmed with a feeling of helplessness as the waters rise or a torrent sweeps through.....
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Anyone got a slate or two loose?

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:59 am

It must be awful watching the water fill your home and there is bugger all you can do too stop it :(
Also there is a few on here with a slate or two missing :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Katzenjammer

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 am

eboswan wrote:It must be awful watching the water fill your home and there is bugger all you can do too stop it :(
Also there is a few on here with a slate or two missing :lol:

Ain't that a fact! I always knew you were a man of great perspicacity ;) That can be alleviated - try the mens deodorant counter at Boots.

Well as much as I'd like to banter this tough old nut is off out again today...........
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Brooksy

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:41 pm

I always feel sorry for the flood victims, it never happens where I am but to look at some of that water, it's unbelievable. Hawes to Cumbria, that's some area.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
granville

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:17 pm

i worked for loss adjusters it was the worst thing you can have happen is flood with sewer water in it.
i had one house i watched it flood and nothing you can do to stop it .
up goes the insurance premium again.