French terror attacks

Geordie

French terror attacks

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Several dozen dead according to the French PM. This looks really bad!
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: Too good?

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:39 pm

It's all a terrible mistake in my opinion, my religion is more Godly than yours, I am more holy than thou. My Christianity is better than your Judaism, my Shiite Muslimism is better than your Suuni. I can't explain my frustration at such stupidity.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:50 am

At least 140 dead now :( :( 100 killed in the concert hall sad sad day for france
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Katzenjammer

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:29 am

You need to change the title of this thread Gordon as some others may have more than three words to say now.

Like Brooksy I find it hard to articulate my feelings. My thoughts and support are with the people of France including the ordinary Muslims who do not want this but especially with the loved ones and friends of those murdered. The danger now is copycat attacks here, there and everywhere.

1. Schengen must be dropped. Yes I know we are not in it! The rest of Europe needs to drop it.
2. All European countries must introduce proper border controls and only let in those that can be vouched for. Even if that means turning millions away. They should be fighting for their own country or justice with those countries anyway.
3. The police and defence cut must be reversed and in fact there should be a massive increase in these forces as well as an increase in immigration staff, airport security staff etc.
4. We must look hard for the enemies within and the Muslim communities who stand for peace and justice need to stand with us for those enemies are within them.
5. Identity cards for all.
6. and much much more..............

Vive La France - do not lose your joie de vivre
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Timmytree

Re: frence terror attacks

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm glad to see the members of the AAOC haven't degenerated into a Muslim bashing thread as others have. My feeling is that we are dealing with terrorists that are just using their religion as an excuse.
The mindset and mentality of these people is hard to comprehend but their behaviour in their own countries should alert us to what we can expect when we let them into Europe. I agree with KJ, border control will help to prevent more coming in but the home grown morons are a different matter.
Personally I feel we should not be meddling in the Middle East in any way or accepting refugees who are quite likely to have extremists amongst them. It's only a matter of time before a real backlash happens which unfortunately will hurt more innocents. Just heard on the news that most of the attackers have been identified as having been to Syria to fight for ISIS and have since returned as a terror cell. Great, they should have been prevented from returning in the first place but that would be pointless since we are going to admit 100s of thousands from Syria anyway. Unbelievable stupidity from the gutless leaders of Europe and the lefty "human rights" idiots.

no avatar
mrb911no2

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:34 pm

What a terrible thing to do to fellow human beings!

I just wish we would close the borders and vet everyone properly before allowing them in. Something as bad as this attack MIGHT be severe enough to make the politicians think about it but I doubt they will.

As for Muslims, I have several clients that are Muslim and they all seem to be decent, family orientated hard working people. The problem is the weakminded extremists that have been brainwashed by hatepreachers the world over!
I have been reading an abridged copy of the Koran compiled by Dr Bill Warner - it is frightening because it shows many excerts that say that it is ok to lie or deceive the Kafir(non believer) and that it is ok to kill, enslave or abuse the kafir etc etc.
Ok this guy is a right wing american but it is easy to see from his writings how easy it would be for a radical preacher to convert the young "chip on shoulder" types that populate most towns and cities these days.
If our ever brilliant politicians had realised the hornets nest they were stirring I wonder if they would have left the Middle East well alone - I for one wish they had.

Katzenjammer

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm

mrb911no2 wrote:What a terrible thing to do to fellow human beings!

I just wish we would close the borders and vet everyone properly before allowing them in. Something as bad as this attack MIGHT be severe enough to make the politicians think about it but I doubt they will.

As for Muslims, I have several clients that are Muslim and they all seem to be decent, family orientated hard working people. The problem is the weakminded extremists that have been brainwashed by hatepreachers the world over!
I have been reading an abridged copy of the Koran compiled by Dr Bill Warner - it is frightening because it shows many excerts that say that it is ok to lie or deceive the Kafir(non believer) and that it is ok to kill, enslave or abuse the kafir etc etc.
Ok this guy is a right wing american but it is easy to see from his writings how easy it would be for a radical preacher to convert the young "chip on shoulder" types that populate most towns and cities these days.
If our ever brilliant politicians had realised the hornets nest they were stirring I wonder if they would have left the Middle East well alone - I for one wish they had.

This is the Bliar/Bush legacy?

As for the above comment re the Koran. In the late 80's and early 90's when I worked on export promotion for the DTI one of the aspects of the work was to ferry round locally engaged Commercial Officers from our Embassies, High Commissions and British Consulates around the globe. One day I ferried round a very pleasant Arab from an Embassy in a Middle Eastern country. He was very westernised in outlook and he said much the same as what you have described above. He hated the religious regime he lived under and so did many thousands of other muslims but clearly had to conform until such time he could leave - hence his working for our Embassy and he did eventually move to another country. He asked me not to say anything to anybody and I never did for 15 yrs or so.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Mason

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:14 pm

Erroneous question mark above Steve.
They let the Genie out of the bottle.

no avatar
mrb911no2

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:30 pm

The Blair/Bush leagcy and before!
We've seriously meddled in these countries since the second world war and it is coming back to haunt us. If it wasn't for oil The world be a safer place :cry:

Katzenjammer

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:43 pm

^
Yes and no. British Foreign policy was more pro-Arab than you think and there was more mutual respect than you think amongst the movers and shakers. The American queered the pitch by too great an emphasis on Pro-Jewish policy, being clodhoppers in the art of diplomacy and muscling in where other countries were. There are some who think America is the biggest threat to world peace. That's another discussion.

Just spent an hour talking to my daughter in Madrid. One Madrilenio killed last night she says. There is a heightened state of alert in Madrid and a very obvious police and army presence all over with sub machine guns in evidence. This ability to react quickly is she says a throwback to the Franco era and basically the Spanish are not going to take any s***. She says that everywhere she walks the conversation is about Paris. And if you didn't know this there is only one mosque in Madrid - that was all that was allowed.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007