Other interests

no avatar
Outandabout

Other interests

Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:22 am

Hi all
how many of us have other interests/hobbies, and how do they compare to our shooting.
I like my fly fishing, but its not like my shooting where i can just go out for a couple of hours, fishing seems to be a full day job for me and I am doing less and less of it. I also like waking, this can be done in all weather, but its not something i do much on a dark nights.
Just recently I have started to collect and renovate old cut throat razors. Something I can mess about with in the house when its not possible to get out shooting. Its very satsfying restoring these to shave ready from dark patina/rusty old blades.
Shooting for me is my main interest and I would say a passion, but i need something to fill in the time when i am not shooting, working on these long dark nights.

Kevin

Raj

Re: Other interests

Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Wood working ... making things with off cuts and odds and sods ... pieces of timber

And this year on-wards, road biking! :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Sake-san

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Also a fly fishing addict, music & audiophile, photography, reading, cooking & entertaining, baiting the French, raking the zen gravel and feeding the koi. Like you I do appreciate waking (indeed I shall be thoroughly annoyed the day I don't) not too early mind you, unless the river beckons ;) ;) ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
spoedie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Fishing for me too. Other than that its road bikes, mountain bikes and bmx. Ski in winter and a good long Dog walk every day. Enjoy being in the mountains either climbing, walking or mountain biking.

no avatar
GrandadG

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Sake-san wrote:Also a fly fishing addict, music & audiophile, photography, reading, cooking & entertaining, baiting the French, raking the zen gravel and feeding the koi. Like you I do appreciate waking (indeed I shall be thoroughly annoyed the day I don't) not too early mind you, unless the river beckons ;) ;) ;)

trust you to notice Sake :lol: :lol: :lol:
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

Katzenjammer

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Ha, Waking always a relief as one gets older :lol: and walking

Allotment, driving, reading, music, films. I must look for another hobby or awake old ones as I feel I need other diversions now the dark nights are here
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:Ha, Waking always a relief as one gets older :lol: and walking

Allotment, driving, reading, music, films. I must look for another hobby or awake old ones as I feel I need other diversions now the dark nights are here

Now the dark nights are here you can dig out the old cut off trouser bottoms and flashing mack
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Katzenjammer

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:23 pm

eboswan wrote:
Katzenjammer wrote:Ha, Waking always a relief as one gets older :lol: and walking

Now the dark nights are here you can dig out the old cut off trouser bottoms and flashing mack

Ha way too parky for that kind of activity up here. :lol:
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:27 pm

A bit parky....hhmm good excuse too tell the ladies when they point and laugh :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Outandabout

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:28 pm

[quote="Sake-san"]Also a fly fishing addict, music & audiophile, photography, reading, cooking & entertaining, baiting the French, raking the zen gravel and feeding the koi. Like you I do appreciate waking (indeed I shall be thoroughly annoyed the day I don't) not too early mind you, unless the river beckons.
you are right fine sir it is very appreciative WAKING every day :oops: :D :D :D and then doing some WALKING. :lol: :lol:
Kevin